Do I plan to get the Verizon iPhone?

Pick one

• I have an AT&T iphone and will switch to Verizon ASAP

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I have an iphone but will stay with AT&T

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I will switch to Verizon iphone when iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Verizon now and will get the iphone4 when it comes out.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I am on Verizon now and wait until my contract allows or will wait until iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm on Verizon now and don't want any stinking iphone.

• I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will switch to Verizon to get the iphone ASAP.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will wait for the iphone5 to switch to Verizon.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I'm on another carrier besides Verizon and don't care about the iphone. Happy with what I have now.

• Total voters
I am due for an upgrade, but I am waiting for an LTE Android phone to come out first.

well after saying I wasnt going to get it, I sat back and thought about it this whole last week, and I pre ordered it...reason being this I have all mac products and as the poster above me said, its nice to buy things just once...also several groups that I am a part of are setup for iphone access with their programs so instead of lugging the ipad with me it will be nice to just take a iphone...again all macs is seamless integration...while I dont think the iphone is the superior phone it once use to be, it makes sense for me...one other thing, no more lugging a phone and ipod to the gym...while this didnt happen everyday there were some days I would have to take both. I will miss google apps integration and navigation the android offered.

Wow. All I can say is wow. Flabbergasted.

Nope, he just goes with the new and flashy whore of the month. :D

sorry guys my itch flared up again.....I had a line due for an upgrade on the account and I took it..do you think that make a cream for this? maybe a ointment of some kind.

Well, if your new Verizon iphone also has that antenna itch, i mean glitch, you can always put it in one of those iphone condoms. :D enjoy your new toy! And most of all let us all know how it works on Verizon service.

Well, if your new Verizon iphone also has that antenna itch, i mean glitch, you can always put it in one of those iphone condoms. :D enjoy your new toy! And most of all let us all know how it works on Verizon service.

I am more concerned about him getting help; definitely needs at least an ointment, maybe something more serious. :)

Not sure what’s so surprising. Most people have looked past the iPhone and have discovered there are much better phones out there, or just simple never bought into the hype to begin with. The iPhone on Verizon Wireless won’t be as big as everyone thinks it will be, mark my words. Sure the Q1 numbers will probably be pretty good but then after the initial surge it will go down hill and fast. Verizon, with as much as I hate them, does have a killer selection of Android powered devices and I don’t think any current subscribers in their right mind would consider downgrading from an Android phone to an iPhone. The iPhone will fade and remain in existence for Apple worshipers and those that use the phone as a fashion accessory and status symbol.

Pretty sleazy on both Apple and Verizons part to release the iPhone 4 when in a few short months this phone will be replaced. But then again this is Verizon and Apple were talking about here, two of the most despicable companies the planet has ever seen, so why not milk consumers out of as much money as possible because you know there will be a handful of Apple Sheeple that will get the iPhone 4 on Verizon in the middle of February just to upgrade to the next generation in June and pay full price.

Might be the biggest hater I have seen..Don't speak for me please. I am giving up my droid for the Iphone..ordered 2 this morning. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It has not died down for ATT for 4 year years now. Now its suddenly going to die down on VZW? I personally know 5 others today alone that left Droid for the iphone today. Seriously, you have down with Jobs in your avatar..Enough said. BTW I guess this post says where I voted in the poll.. :):)

1 - Subar speeds on 3G. This speedtest of mine was taken a few days before I got rid of the iPhone in a parking lot around the corner from a billboard proclaiming AT&T as ‘Buffalo’s Fastest 3G Network’. Full bar 3G coverage might I add.

39279768.png

2 - The most dropped calls ever. I've had Nextel since 2002. Nextel isn't known for their coverage since there is no other iDEN provider to roam on to in the US other then regional provider SouthernLinc. I have a VZW work issued phone and the Evo on Sprint. In the two years I've had a VZW work phone, not that I use it all that often, but I've had zero dropped calls. In the 7 months I've had the Evo, no dropped calls. In the little over 8 years with Nextel, maybe 2 or 3 dropped calls a year. In the painful 15 months with AT&T and the iPhone, I would drop calls left and right. Most of the time I had full coverage.

3 - Ripoff Pricing. After it was all said and done I was paying not quite $90/month for data, 450 minutes anytime minutes and 200 texts a month. Then I was stupid and instead of paying $10/month extra for GPS I prepaid for $80/year. And unlimited iPhone plan on AT&T would have ran me $160/month. That's what I pay with Sprint, only difference is I have a three phone Sprint account sharing just abput unlimited everything. I rely on GPS daily, sucks AT&T charges $10/month of Telenav when Sprint includes it with every phone for free.

4 - An extension of #2. Not only did I have piss poor coverage around home, but even during travel. At least I had service in areas I frequent, even if it was unreliable and inconsistant, but when I'd travel down in the southern part of NY State I'd have no service, or be stuck on Edge, which is just about useless. About a month after I got the iPhone I took my first big weekend road trip with it. I was disappointed to find out that the toy I just spent $300 on was all but useless. My buddy was also disappointed with his iPhone (now as an Evo too) but my other friend had no problems with his Verizon phone and while not a smartphone, my Nextel phone had service. Pretty disappointing actually as we were within 10 miles or so of I86 at all times which is a major interstate and a major way to get to New York City.

Of Couse I’m biased. I’ve used both the iPhone and Android I know which one is better and have personal experiece with 3 out of the 4 big providers plus Nextel. And I would never seriously consider a Samsung phone as I can’t stand Samsung, and as much as I’m in love with Sony could never buy one of their Android phones due to the UX overlay.

Let me ask you this, what makes the iPhone so great? Why is it the best?

Geezuz man, he said the BEST FOR HIM? Man you really are blinded.

I got a basic flip phone with Verizon and an Iphone with AT&T. I got to have 2 phones just because AT&T's service sucks so bad!

The second Verizon gets the Iphone, im finished with AT&T. I'll gladly pay the cancellation fee to leave.

Uh oh, Don't let Steve see that..I think he might call you a moron.

Might be the biggest hater I have seen..Don't speak for me please. I am giving up my droid for the Iphone..ordered 2 this morning. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It has not died down for ATT for 4 year years now. Now its suddenly going to die down on VZW? I personally know 5 others today alone that left Droid for the iphone today. Seriously, you have down with Jobs in your avatar..Enough said. BTW I guess this post says where I voted in the poll.. :):)

Yes I pride myself on being one of the biggest Apple haters around. I can’t stand that company, what it stands for, the products it pumps out, the guy in charge and most of all the elitist attitude that comes with it when their products are very underwhelming,. I HATE Lord Jobs with the fire of a thousand suns and then some. And again, the iPhone is the biggest piece of junk I’ve ever had the displeasure of owning. I would have been better off taking $300 out of the ATM and heading to the nearest bathroom and flushing it down the toilet. At least then I would have had the aggravation of putting up with the damn thing.

And in a year from now we can revisit this and I’ll be proven right. Outside of the initial 1Q, the iPhone on VZW will have a small impact on anything.

Geezuz man, he said the BEST FOR HIM? Man you really are blinded.

Uh, do me a favor next time and READ the reply you are quoting. I responded with 4 reasons for 'Don't understand the hate for ATT either' line.

Steve Mehs said:
Yes I pride myself on being one of the biggest Apple haters around. I can’t stand that company, what it stands for, the products it pumps out, the guy in charge and most of all the elitist attitude that comes with it when their products are very underwhelming,. I HATE Lord Jobs with the fire of a thousand suns and then some. And again, the iPhone is the biggest piece of junk I’ve ever had the displeasure of owning. I would have been better off taking $300 out of the ATM and heading to the nearest bathroom and flushing it down the toilet. At least then I would have had the aggravation of putting up with the damn thing.

And in a year from now we can revisit this and I’ll be proven right. Outside of the initial 1Q, the iPhone on VZW will have a small impact on anything.

Uh, do me a favor next time and READ the reply you are quoting. I responded with 4 reasons for 'Don't understand the hate for ATT either' line.

Still don't see your point. Who cares about wether you hate them or not. You act as though you are the final word. Isn't there elitist attitudes on both sides? Your displaying a pretty damn good one now. I won't be back in a year revisiting anything with. I get the feeling it wouldn't anyway. I don't personally think it matters who you like. Apple, droid, blackberry. It's all personal choice. I don't personally know anyone who works at apple so it's pretty tough for me to hate like that. I don't think i hate anyone to be honest. You should be less angry about stuff, you'll live longer. Btw typing this on my iPad. Hahahaha.

OOOO.....KKKK.... stepping back for the fire fight; I got me shipment confirmation letter... my V iPhone is expected Monday (will likely be later).

As as for "Why didn't I wait for a (potentially 4g) iPhone 5?" Two reasons come to mind:

1) If it is, in fact 4G, I won't have 4G coverage in my area until the end of the 4G expansion, likely sometime in 2013 (close to the end of my "new" contract). And although I wouldn't have 4G coverage, I'm sure I'd still be required to have a 4G data plan. (with the a likely high monthly rate)

2) (while on the subject of rates) I wasn't going to hold off and wait for the next round of phones if it meant risking the chance to get locked in with an unlimited data plan, which verizon themselves has said will be going away soon.

As for why Verizon over AT&T for ME, personally....
I've had Nextel (then Sprint), Cingular (then AT&T) and the coverage in my area is suspect at best; with Verizon the signal is strong EVERYWHERE. Plus when we had Cingular coverted into AT&T account it was a VERY messy breakup after our contract expired, almost to the point of getting lawyers involved... for me, not a company I want to go back to. But for each, their own.

There is some chatter on various blogs that Verizon might keep the unlimited 3G plans for 4G phones, and just charge extra ($15) for 4G data usage. That would make a LOT of sense, considering that many of us are in places that will not have 4G coverage for awhile, and since they love selling us new phones, it will keep people happy. I for one would be very happy with a Moto Bionic, with all the processor advantages of dual core, running on 3G, and keeping my unlimited data plan (and promo). We'll see what happens.

If there is one thing that Big Red is consistent with its its plans; thus, if this rumor is true, then it is doubtful that the iphone would be treated any differently.

All of these idiots just don't get it. We are all morons.Lmao.

Verizon breaks first day sales record with iPhone 4 pre-orders -- in only two hours
By Vlad Savov posted Feb 4th 2011 8:45AM
Breaking News

It took Verizon only two hours of having the iPhone 4 available for pre-order to break its all-time record for first day sales of a single device. That's in spite of the fact it only opened up pre-orders to its own subscribers and did so at the dead of night. To be clear, between 3AM and 5AM yesterday morning, more people ordered up the iPhone 4 than Verizon has been able to get through its doors on any full product launch day. Predictably, the carrier hasn't bothered to include the actual number of devices ordered up, but judging from the server issues it was having immediately after making the handset available and the subsequent shutdown of advance pre-orders, we'll go ahead and guess it was "a lot."