Do I really need a DVB-S2 receiver at this time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skipticum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
ottawa
recently I've been entertaining the idea of acquiring a DVB-S2 receiver to be able to get additional channels. However, after I looked at the channel lineup that use DVB-S2 format I realized that I get may be 99% of them in DVB-S. Most of the interesting DVB-S2 muxs composed of channels of the major network channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, etc.)which I'm able to get all of them in DVB-S format. Am I missing something?

If you've got a functional receiver and you're happy with what you pick up with it -- no need. But your next receiver should be S2 capable. And keep an eye on the channel lists, at some point the scale may tip in S2's favor for you. I'm glad to have it now. The price of admission has gotten cheap.

recently I've been entertaining the idea of acquiring a DVB-S2 receiver to be able to get additional channels. However, after I looked at the channel lineup that use DVB-S2 format I realized that I get may be 99% of them in DVB-S. Most of the interesting DVB-S2 muxs composed of channels of the major network channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, etc.)which I'm able to get all of them in DVB-S format. Am I missing something?

I guess it just depends on what shows you like to watch as I've got both types and have something on each that we can watch.

Do I really need a DVB-S2 receiver at this time?
only you, the wife (if have one...ya know the WAF) and your pocketbook can answer that ;)

It also depends on your setup.
If you are KU only (and sports you dont care about) its really not necessary as other than the PBS and a couple other channels, almost everything is in DVB
More sports feeds are going S2 now. A couple cable networks that show college football (one goes by the name of what someone would say when two teams are facing each other....like Toronto ____ Winnipeg) those feeds are S2
C-Band then there is alot more S2 muxes out there. Now it also depends on if those channels interest you.

if you had plans to get another receiver, buy S2 fer sure.
honestly, simple as that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)