Do you really need to watch tv while on the toliet?

tv while taking a dump

• yes

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • no

Votes: 53 46.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • hell yeah.

Votes: 24 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The highest I seen for residental was 35 that was spread out between main house / guest house on same property when had like 6 boxes and then there yatch ( I kid you not that how it labled in our system simply as a yatch )

Stoneman,

Did one like that.

The home theater contractor uses me because the local HSP cuts his wire and I don't. This deal was ONLY 25 receivers. It was deemed wise and prudent to have a spare IRD active at all times that could be moved to the location of any defective receiver without a call to Directv on evenings and weekends. My man did not want MASTEC near his jobs!

There was one 60" flat screen that could be viewed from the exercise room or the shower / bidet / toilet / sauna.

My end was to find a dish location the could not be seen from any windows, porches or doors. Ever dug 80 ft of 1 1/2" conduit through dense old hardwood roots?

My biggest contribution was the boat house...too far to run coax. The electric was already there. "How about just putting another dish out there?"......"What you can do that.......?"

While I am a hero on that aspect of the job, the general contractor still insisted on a "no shoes policy inside the buildings" & while I could watch the TV in the crapper, contractors and their people were directed to the plastic structure out near the parking area.

How about a pole to see if anyone installed a rig in the plastic structure out by the parking area?

Joe

I did an install not too long ago for a anesthesiologist & his pediatrician wife. Installed 1 of the 4 receivers in the bathroom which was not just an ordinary bathroom. I call it a combination powder room, dressing room, shower, tub, jacuzzi, bidet, makeup room, etc, etc.... This whatever you want to call it definitely warranted a tv IMO. I'm guessing the Mrs spent quite a bit of time in there. BTW this room was at least half the size of my house. :D

I got 2 bathrooms with TV's in my house. Both are 15 inch and are connected to the TV 2 output which comes from a 722 in the bedroom.

I don't watch the TV when im taking a dump, but do watch it when im using the bath tub with a jacuzzie running.

IMG_0365.JPG

My Nexus One provides me with all the entertainment I need while on the bowl. I'll usually browse the web, listen to Sirius XM, or look at comics with the DailyStrip App. Even if I wanted a TV in the bathroom it would be physically impossible given how small it is and where the tv would have to go.

I did an install not too long ago for a anesthesiologist & his pediatrician wife. Installed 1 of the 4 receivers in the bathroom which was not just an ordinary bathroom. I call it a combination powder room, dressing room, shower, tub, jacuzzi, bidet, makeup room, etc, etc.... This whatever you want to call it definitely warranted a tv IMO. I'm guessing the Mrs spent quite a bit of time in there. BTW this room was at least half the size of my house. :D

Curious, you installed a RECVR in the bathroom or just fed a line to the bathroom ?

Asking,because I would think that D* might have something to say about a recvr working in a room filled with humidity every day.

That has to be very hard on the electronics.

Curious, you installed a RECVR in the bathroom or just fed a line to the bathroom ?

Asking,because I would think that D* might have something to say about a recvr working in a room filled with humidity every day.

It was a h23 receiver to a 30 something inch LCD.

I voted maybe, as in "it depends". Nice to be able to continue to watch whatever you were caught up in when nature calls. Not nice "holding" for the next commercial. I live essentially alone so my method doesn't bother anyone. There's a glass door at the entrance to the hallway off of which my main bathroom is located. If I carefully position that door I can see most of my big screen TV that's in the living room while seated "on the throne" if I leave the bathroom door open. So that option works well for more extended visits, like when offloading the aforementioned Super Bowl chilli or brats w/ kraut.

IMO a TV in the bathroom is more of a woman thing. Women most definitely spend more time in there doing their muff, buff, make up, hair & so on.

Kitchens are becoming a very popular place for a TV also. Think about this for just a minute. Say you're single & in the dating scene. Now say you go to a potential girl friends house & she has a TV in the bathroom & the kitchen. At this point I'd be thinking she may be it. :heart

Even though youo are correct about the moisture I have repaired many telco rigs that were shorted by a green plug in a shower area. Replace the plate & fitting and they are good to go for another year.

Perhaps is the TV & IRD are on all the time the condensation doesn't form on their circuits, connections & boards.

Joe

Even though youo are correct about the moisture I have repaired many telco rigs that were shorted by a green plug in a shower area. Replace the plate & fitting and they are good to go for another year.

Perhaps is the TV & IRD are on all the time the condensation doesn't form on their circuits, connections & boards.

Joe

This is where I was going, I too replace plenty of phone jacks in the bathroom due to corrosion.

The majority of the subs I repair if trouble is inside, one of the first things I ask is if they have a phone in the bathroom.
You'd be surprised how many say NO and then find out that they DO have one there. :)

I voted maybe, as in "it depends". Nice to be able to continue to watch whatever you were caught up in when nature calls. Not nice "holding" for the next commercial. I live essentially alone so my method doesn't bother anyone. There's a glass door at the entrance to the hallway off of which my main bathroom is located. If I carefully position that door I can see most of my big screen TV that's in the living room while seated "on the throne" if I leave the bathroom door open. So that option works well for more extended visits, like when offloading the aforementioned Super Bowl chilli or brats w/ kraut.

Like I mentioned before, they now have a "PAUSE" button ..... :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.