Doctor Who

Saw a promo for the new season, IIRC it said September 19th...

I'll continue to watch each episode, braced for the worst, hoping for the best.

Wow, there's only eight of us who have read this thread?

Reactions: Annie61
I'm hoping for the best too . I really like Perter Capaldi as the Dr. I thought he got terrible stories last year.

I liked last night's Rerun episodes with David Tennant . He was my favorite Dr.Who, so far. All these Best of Who episodes is a way to show reruns and still brand them as NEW with an American guest host ,who discusses the show during the episodes. Kind of like Talking Dead, or the Teen Wolf discussion show. I barely remembered those two episodes from 07 and 09.

At the theater Fathom Events is advertising a special 3D Dr Who event: http://www.fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who-dark-water-death-in-heaven/more-info/details

Special Fathom Features: Relive the dramatic 2-part finale of Doctor Whoseries eight in cinemas in Real D 3D plus a never-before-seen prequel to the first episode of series nine and Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory, Star Trek: Nemesis) hosts an interview with stars Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman.

Fathom Events and BBC Worldwide are bringing the Doctor to you early! In anticipation the upcoming ninth season of Doctor Who, we invite you to relive the spectacular two-part season eight finale, “Dark Water/Death in Heaven,” in breath-taking RealD 3D, when it comes to cinemas nationwide for only two nights, Tuesday, September 15 and Wednesday, September 16.

Doctor Who Goals: Hayley Atwell Wants to Play the Doctor, And We're All For It https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/doctor-goals-hayley-atwell-wants-play-doctor-were-033409118.html
This article, Doctor Who Goals: Hayley Atwell Wants to Play the Doctor, And We're All For It, originally appeared on TVGuide.com.The Marvel Cinematic Universe and Hayley Atwell's own series Agent Cartermight be taking up much of the actress' time, but she's not letting a packed schedule hamper her ambitions. In a Twitter Q&A with her fans Atwell addressed a question asking if she would like to play a part on Doctor Who.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Tonight on BBC America, another Tennant episode - "The End of Time: Bonus Edition"

Three and a half hour presentation.

Amazon now has all S8 and I watched. I like Capaldi as an actor, but he is not right for the Dr. Won't be upping programming for BBCA until Orpahn Black comes back next spring.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
River Song to Return to Doctor Who for 2015 Christmas Special

http://www.multichannel.com/news/programming/doctor-who-update-river-song-returns/393410

Ahead of Doctor Who's return to BBC America on Saturday, Sept. 19, the programmer said Alex Kingston would return as Professor River Song to play alongside Peter Capaldi, the current Doctor (and River Song's husband), for the first time.

From Moffat: “Another Christmas, another special for Doctor Who -- and what could be more special than the return of Alex Kingston as Professor River Song. The last time the Doctor saw her she was a ghost. The first time he met her, she died. So how can he be seeing her again? As ever, with the most complicated relationship in the universe, it’s a matter of time ...”

With all the different versions of the doctor whipping back and forth in time , it is a wonder that they don't run into each other with more frequency. So having River show up isn't a stretch at all.

'Doctor Who' assistant Jenna Coleman is leaving the show http://mashable.com/2015/09/16/jenn.../?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=rss#P0Z5tC.l35k4
The Time Lord's assistant is trading in the Tardis for ball gowns and royalty.Jenna Coleman, who has played Clara Oswald in the show since 2012 and currently stars alongside Peter Capaldi, is set to leave Doctor Who to star in an eight-part part series about Queen Victoria.The £10 million ITV drama will tell the story of the first part of the Queen's 63-year-reign, according to the Daily Mirror — starting with her taking the throne at the age of 18 and going from there."You're in Doctor Who knowing it will never last," "You're in Doctor Who knowing it will never last," said Coleman in a recent Radio Times interview. "It's constantly regenerating, so you want to make your time count and enjoy the adventure for the fleeting time you're here."Coleman has starred alongside Capaldi in almost 40 episodes of Doctor Who, and it's believed that she has now finished filming her final episodes.

'Doctor Who' assistant Jenna Coleman is leaving the show
Good, she's long since expired and gotten annoying. Time for a change. Should have ended her stint when when he met up with her being old, instead of that still being in the dream.

What would be awesome, is after the Christmas episode, have River Song join him permanently.

Doctor Who premiere: Do we make our own enemies? http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1096293/doctor-who-season-9-episode-1-recap
Whovians know the truth: It's the Doctor's fault that SPOILER is his biggest foe
A whole new season of Doctor Who is here, but is Moffat changing the story on us yet again? Warning: Spoilers ahead.The Doctor Who Season 9 premiere has come and gone and, as is often the case, it's left this Whovian with a few questions. While the major cliffhangers will no doubt be wrapped up in next week's Part 2, I'm writing of more esoteric questions. Namely: Is showrunner Steven Moffat trying to teach us that we make our own enemies... or is he just changing the story for his own benefit?This week, we were finally granted knowledge of how it all began with the Daleks. While on one of his bouts through space and time, the Doctor found himself in the middle of a war zone and soon befriended a young boy. That boy (originally unknown to the Doctor): Davros, leader/creator of the Daleks. Young Davros and the Doctor got so close, you could see the Doctor was thinking of trying to turn the young soul into a companion. Young Davros clearly needed to be saved from the war, and we all know the Doctor loves collecting humans — except, just when Davros needs saving the most, the Doctor realizes who he's dealing with and he flees, leaving the young Davros with nothing more than the screwdriver and lost hope.

I'm sure the deaths and other stuff will be wiped out by timey wimey stuff, but I really do hope this is the end of his magic wand/sonic screwdriver again. One of the few things John Nathan Turder did, was get rid of it during Peter Davidson's stint, as he said it had turned into a does everything and anything writing crutch.

Is Doctor Who facing cancellation? http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/Is-Doctor-Who-facing-cancellation/371080.htm
It may be one of the Trending Topics on Twitter, but Doctor Who's ratings have begun a steady decline in recent months.The show, which returned to our screens back in 2005, has gone through several Doctors in the meantime with the current iteration, Peter Capaldi, becoming a fan favourite. However, the sci-fi serial's ratings have begun to stagnate and fall below 4,000,000 viewers.It's understood that bosses at BBC are planning to switch to a feature-length format by airing specials, similar to the Christmas episodes. Meanwhile, it's been reported that Capaldi is considering leaving Doctor Who as the commitments to filming have begun to impact on his family life.As for a possible replacement to Capaldi, names such as Game of Thrones' Richard Madden have been mooted, but there's been nothing confirmed as of yet.The alleged BBC insider said that "drastic action may be needed" to correct the falling figures. Although a spin-off series has just been announced targeted towards teenagers, the unnamed source said that Doctor Who's falling ratings are worrying. "At this stage all options are being considered," explained the source.An official statement from the BBC said that it's "far too early to discuss next year's commission." As it stands, Doctor Who is the highest-selling programme overseas, earning the broadcaster an estimated £60,000,000 a year in sales.

Well I for one do NOT like Capaldi as the doctor. He is Nothing like the last two doctors that came before him. This show needs a younger doctor that isn't such a complete A hole. I like David Tenant the best ,but I would even take back last one Matt if it meant getting rid of Capaldi. He was the wrong choice after the younger more hipper doctors. If they don't make a change sooner than later, I could see the show indeed being cancelled. But then again BBC had different way of showing series tv than we do in the states. They could show a few episodes a year off an on for years and it lasts in England. Look at Absolutely Fabulous and the years that show was on ,then off and then back for a few episodes then gone again. They have kind of done this with Dr. Who over the many years this show has been on. I started watching this show back when Rose Tyler was on then the doctor changed to David Tenant. But it might be time for another break in the show to change directions and make it viable for another audience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts