Doctor Who

I see it as what I call the "Deep Space Nine" effect. Star Trek was always meant to be fairly light, with likable characters and have HOPE, with some fun thrown in. Then along comes this DARK series that claims to be Star Trek, YET, it's all basically "evil and darkness, with NO HOPE", and none of the characters are really likable.

That's what Doctor Who has become with the latest writing and present actors, it's all "evil and darkness, with NO HOPE' anymore. There's also NO or very little fun to be found anywhere.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I see it as what I call the "Deep Space Nine" effect. Star Trek was always meant to be fairly light, with likable characters and have HOPE, with some fun thrown in. Then along comes this DARK series that claims to be Star Trek, YET, it's all basically "evil and darkness, with NO HOPE", and none of the characters are really likable.

That's what Doctor Who has become with the latest writing and present actors, it's all "evil and darkness, with NO HOPE' anymore. There's also NO or very little fun to be found anywhere.
That's why I don't the show exactly. Darkness with no hope. You summarize exactly why this Doctor is literally killing the show.

Doctor Who: Number Of Episodes To Be Halved Next Year
The number of episodes of Doctor Who is reportedly set to be halved next year to allow Peter Capaldi, who plays the Time Lord, to explore other projects.According to The Mirror, the BBC wanted to create more than the usual 12 episodes in a series, but Peter wants time for other projects.The actor apparently told bosses that ‘working harder was not on’, both for him and the ‘exhausted’ crew.The Mirror reports that he said: “If you did the series all year there’d be casualties – and one would be its quality,” he said.“There’s a point where you can’t drive people any harder.”There will, though, be a Christmas special to make up for fewer episodes.Peter added: “Playing the Doctor takes up so much time. It doesn’t leave much room for other things.”However, Steven Moffat has insisted that the actor is here to stay, telling Variety: Peter Capaldi is going nowhere.“And I think we can go past that. It’s television’s own legend. It will just keep going.”Peter, who’s directing two episodes of US TV show Veep and a film (loosely) based on his time in The Dreamboys (a punk band, not THOSE Dreamboys), will be losing his companion before the end of the year.

Next Doctor Who series being held until 2017, with only a Christmas special to air in 2016. Steven Moffat stepping down as show runner after the next series, to be replaced by Chris Chibnall

I still have not warmed up to Capaldi. Somehow to me he comes across as smug, it would not bother me at all if he was replaced.

Yes he's smug, arrogant, not much fun etc.
And thanks to Moffat, we have a technically dead Clara, running around with Lady Me in a diner shaped TARDIS, whilst The Doctor has brain damage. What a mess!
I do enjoy some of the guitar stuff though.
Enjoyed the Dr. Song Christmas finale.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Capaldi has hinted the next series may be his last too

Good.

The David Tennant years are still my favorite with the Matt Smith years second in my opinion, but I watched the first couple of episodes in Capaldi first year and then just gave up and quit watching and I am someone who has watched the Tennant/Smith episodes multiple times.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. The series wouldn't have lasted for 35 Series and 50 years without changes, some good some bad. I've watched them all and still find something to enjoy

Reactions: Annie61
same here, some good some bad.

Problem is, with a long running show like this, excitement drops off. Happened several times on the original run, and happening now. Hard to get excited over something that's been around so long. The year long break might be a good thing, it helped after the 4th series, might help here.

Trying to search the BBCAmerica website. But am having trouble getting the definitive answer on there, is the Dr Who Christmas special next Sat (the 24th) 9:40pm air time. They are showing a bunch of Dr Who's but a couple episodes don't sound familiar (I'll probably just watch them anyway!!) But I don't want to miss the new one. Thanks if anyone knows the answer!!:)

The title of this year's special is "The Return of Doctor Mysterio."

Listed as 12/25 at 7pm Mountain Time, repeated three hours later.

Reactions: Annie61

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)