Does any retailer offer Free HDTV Receivers to new customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
or at least any Receiver which has a Digital Audio out (coaxial or Optical)jack in the back? such as the RCA DRD486?

xtc said:
or at least any Receiver which has a Digital Audio out (coaxial or Optical)jack in the back? such as the RCA DRD486?
The basic RCA DRD 435 offers optical digital output for true digital stereo sound. These are usually free receivers and matches what you asked for, but understand they don't say Dolby Digital and you didn't ask for Dolby Digital. :mad:

I have an HDTV and can't get directv to budge off of $350 for an HD receiver. I can get the same HD receiver for $299 at Circuit City. I was even told by a supervisor at Directv that $350 is very competitive to the other companies offers.

I'm not paying $350 for an HD receiver.

Ok, I talked to dtv today, I was inquiring about the hd tivo, The rep told me that in 30-60 days DTV WILL release its hd tivo unit for existing customers at a reduced rate up 50% off retail, AND allow it to be paid over 3 months, like the currrent dt tivo deal. He was figuring about $550 for the unit.

I wouldn't believe everything a CSR tells you. But, if what they told you is true this should really give E* a run for their money since they don't have any deals like that on their 921.

Now if they could only do something like that for their regular HD receivers.

boba said:
The basic RCA DRD 435 offers optical digital output for true digital stereo sound. These are usually free receivers and matches what you asked for, but understand they don't say Dolby Digital and you didn't ask for Dolby Digital. :mad:

So what's the difference in the audio if it has just this Digital output but it doesn't say Dolby Digital?

if the unit has digital output it should in theory deliver digital sound but not the copyrighted dolby digital <<<< until they receive the approval they couldnt logo the box

stevesmall said:
if the unit has digital output it should in theory deliver digital sound but not the copyrighted dolby digital <<<< until they receive the approval they couldnt logo the box

so a receiver that has the dolby digital logo will let you hear those copyrighted programs, while the ones without it will not?

stevesmall said:

The digital output on the lower end RCA box is just that, digital stereo (2-channel). If a show is encoded in Dolby Stereo or Dolby Surround, then you will hear it, if it is hooked up to a receiver that decodes the different Dolby formats. Dolby Digital is another animal. It receives and passes through any and all Dolby audio formats up to Dolby Digital/AC-3/5.1. You will hear the proper Dolby audio if receiver is hooked up to the proper audio receiver to decode it.

Only true Dolby Digital receivers are allowed to carry the Dolby Digital logo.

BTW, all HD receivers are Dolby Digital. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)