Does Anyone Have Problems with Center Ice & Direct Kick (or Sunday Ticket)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
The thing that tipped me over the boiling point with TWC is their horrible handling of Center Ice and Direct Kick. There have been numerous occasions over the past couple years where games didn't start on time, games got cutoff early, the screen would go blank halfway through and stay that way, sound would come with no picture or vice versa, or I would get a "you are not subscribed to this channel message." They used to send technicians to the house who would of course tell me everything was perfect. It wasn't until I called to disconnect service that they let me talk to an upper level manager who admitted these package are not very popular in the grand scheme of things and that they had to apply their limited bandwith and resources to make sure the channels people watch most often operate smoothly. It's gotten to the point where they are giving me $35-50 credit every time I call, but missing the games and being on the phone with them for an hour or more every 2-3 weeks is not worth it. Does anybody have similar problems with the games on DirecTV and their handling of sports subscription packages? If so, what are they, how bad is it, how often does it occur, how long does it take to resolve, what do they give you for your troubles, etc…? Thank you.

I have had the NFL and NBA packages since day one of each and NEVER had ANY of those issues you mentioned; EVER! The ONLY issue I see consistently are users that do not understand league blackout rules; how they are determined and who actually creates them; which DirecTV does not, they simply enforce said rules.

I've had the MLB, NBA, NFL and College Basketball package on DTV and I've never had a single issue like you've mention, really no issues at all.

The thing that tipped me over the boiling point with TWC is their horrible handling of Center Ice and Direct Kick. There have been numerous occasions over the past couple years where games didn't start on time, games got cutoff early, the screen would go blank halfway through and stay that way, sound would come with no picture or vice versa, or I would get a "you are not subscribed to this channel message." They used to send technicians to the house who would of course tell me everything was perfect. It wasn't until I called to disconnect service that they let me talk to an upper level manager who admitted these package are not very popular in the grand scheme of things and that they had to apply their limited bandwith and resources to make sure the channels people watch most often operate smoothly. It's gotten to the point where they are giving me $35-50 credit every time I call, but missing the games and being on the phone with them for an hour or more every 2-3 weeks is not worth it. Does anybody have similar problems with the games on DirecTV and their handling of sports subscription packages? If so, what are they, how bad is it, how often does it occur, how long does it take to resolve, what do they give you for your troubles, etc…? Thank you.

You should go over to the DBSTALK site DBSTalk.Com
they have a LONG thread about NHL CENTER ICE package and Direct's problems with it.
They were cutting off when the time said that the game was supposed to be over whether or not it was over ect. But they have gotten better.
IMHO E is much better than D when it comes to how they show CI.
Here is the url for the CI discussion :
NHL Fans, we hear you and we're acting on your concerns and ideas (long response) - DBSTalk.Com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)