Does anyone know what happened to..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HarryFL

Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
T6-7 or T6-1 ?? I have kept my C-Band receiver for those channels because Dish Network will not sell them to me. It has been a while since I watched but, this morning I turned on the C-Band receiver and there is nothing on either of those transponders. :shocked

I have searched the 'net this morning and I cannot find any info about the channels moving to a new sat. Also, I didn't write down the phone number when I ordered - I have no way to contact the company to find out what is up with my subscription.

If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate a clue.

My kids watch PBS Kids all morning on T6-8 ....I don't remember seeing anything on 7 or 1.

Oh yeah, "Ten". My vcII pops up something about them but I never paid attention. So, someone unplugged the Encrypt-O-matic? :)

voomvoom said:
I found this #1-800-668-8999 for Ten Networks......

They are flashing that number on the screen right now, must be legit.......

These channels have been on those TPs for years, blacked out with subscripition information. First time I've ever seen them ITC.

Sorry, I'm a new guy.... are all the "I can't get this TP to work" threads really code for "Hey guys check this out!" ??

If so, I'll "play along". :cool: in the future.

HarryFL said:
T6-7 or T6-1 ?? I have kept my C-Band receiver for those channels because Dish Network will not sell them to me. It has been a while since I watched but, this morning I turned on the C-Band receiver and there is nothing on either of those transponders. :shocked

I have searched the 'net this morning and I cannot find any info about the channels moving to a new sat. Also, I didn't write down the phone number when I ordered - I have no way to contact the company to find out what is up with my subscription.

If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate a clue.

They had technical difficulties today along with KTLA and a few channels on AMC-7, very odd a bunch of places having problems all on the same day.

If you have 4dtv I think all the Playboy channels even the HD one will be mapped soon, I am not 100% sure but I know the ACC and Playboy are working on it right now, hope they come along soon.

Ten also has digital feeds on IA-13 (T7) I would think if they, well more like when they dump the analog feeds they will have the ACC map the digitals in, Hustler ppv is also on that satellite, all these channels can be had with the 4dtv, but we must wait and see if they are ever offered.
http://www.lyngsat.com/echo9ia13.html

Diamond Jim said:
They are flashing that number on the screen right now, must be legit.......

These channels have been on those TPs for years, blacked out with subscripition information. First time I've ever seen them ITC.

They come in ITC every once in awhile, I recall one was open for a real long time when they use to be on T4.

JerryK said:
Sorry, I'm a new guy.... are all the "I can't get this TP to work" threads really code for "Hey guys check this out!" ??

If so, I'll "play along". :cool: in the future.

No, no.. I was not drawing attention to some "In the clear" Goof. I haven't watched C-Band in weeks. I flipped over this morning and saw those two channels (the only ones I still subscribe to) were gone. When I subscribed, they only offered 3 month subscriptions. It sounded kinda like they might be on their last leg anyway. (no pun intended)

I could not find anything anywhere on the net (web, newsgroups) saying they had shutdown. Since I have been lurking (reading only) these messageboards for months (since I lost Voom) I thought I would join and ask someone with C-Band knowledge.

I am glad I did join. Thanks a bunch for the info everyone. :hatsoff:

I got home last night at 6pmEST and the T6-1 & 7 were both the same old black "Please subscribe" screens.

Do your VCII boards know something mine doesn't?

Durn...too late! I caught them ITC late one night for a few hours when they moved from T4 to T6 when T4 was croaking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts