Does it matter

msad1217

Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
University Place, Washington
This is my first post here, but have been lurking awhile.

Here is my setup:

Mits RPTV WS-55413
Denon AVR-3803
Toshiba HD-A2
DTV HR20-100

My question is:
I currently have my boxes connected to the receiver. Is there a big difference in resolution if I connect my sat and dvd box to receiver and the receiver sending the signal to the TV. Versus hooking up the boxes directly to the TV itself?

Also I don't know if it matters, but the Denon and Mits TV do not have HDMI just component cable.

Thanks,
-Manny

Welcome to the forum! :wave

For component outputs I would prefer connecting them directly to the TV set. Each additional connection may degrade the picture quality.

Digital (HDMI) connections would be a different story though. (I would connect them through the A/V receiver for the best audio.)

Hi Manny,

I had almost exactly the same setup:

WS-55805
Denon 3803
DirecTV HR20
Xbox 360
Sony DVD Player

I had all my component connections running through my receiver for simplicity. The video bandwidth is 100Mhz, so the Denon can handle HD video with room to spare. In general though, fewer connections between source and display is better, as Ilya pointed out.

How many component connections does your 55413 have? My 805 had 2 component inputs on the back, but only one of them was HD, the other was limited to 480p if I recall. So be careful if connecting directly.

Cheers,

- Shane

Thanks for the reply Shane.

The 55413 has 3 component inputs, DTV, Comp 1 and Comp 2. According to the manual, they are all compatible with up to HDTV 1080i signal.

That is good to know about the Denon receiver. I plan on putting all my stuff in a closet and running cables to the TV room and master bedroom. The connection to the TV room will just be a few feet away, but I need to run about 35 feet of cable into the master bedroom. I will run the HDMI connection of the HR20 into the master bedroom, and use the component and audio cable to the Denon receiver and into the 55413.

-Manny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts