Does "moving" still work with DTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Couple of year ago (when I had the HR21) I "moved" to NYC from California and was getting the national feed for networks (ABC, CBS, etc). I had the OTA tuner then.

Back then the process was quite easy: just called DTV and told them the new install address. When they offered a new install said no thanks as the new address "already had" everything installed.

Has anybody done that lately? I now have the gennie and it seems to work with the OTA tuner.

I want to "move" again from California to my old NYC address. :D

It does work, but there are a few instances where a mover gets caught. It's rare, but it happens.

Thanks! But what would they do? cancel my account so I can go back to comcast or go to Dish N? :D :D

I am not sure, but since you are still paying for what you get, I cant imagine that they would do much more than move you back to your original address.

as for "moving" I did it for almost 3 years with Directv...only moving home to upgrade to HD then the Genie...stayed "home" for a couple weeks then "moved"

(the reason I am not moved now is I now live in a apt complex and its a MDU account....free service...I just pay for add ons)

Guess I'll be "moving" tonight. I did get the service contract with them though. May be I should cancel that. Otherwise if anything happens I'll have to "move" back again... :D

Good point. Well, I'm gonna make sure my OTA tuner does work with the new geniie and then "move"! Thanks everyone!

Six months ago, we moved across stateliness 6 miles, had the direct tech come out and set up the Genie. Thought about just moving it myself as the new place already had the dish set up. had them do the move because I read that the NFL package was free with them moving it. Anyways found out they wouldn't give me the NFL package free because we only switched a year ago from Dish and got the NFL package then. But the problem is that moving across state lines, our zip code changed. Under our current zip code, we do not get HD locals, just SD locals. Our whole county is not given HD locals (never heard of that before) Could I just call Direct and tell them I've moved back to the former Zip Code and that I moved the equipment myself? I won't have to readjust the dish,will I? We are only talking six miles from old zip to current zip. If I say that I moved it all myself, will they still have to have a tech come out? I can even change my address as we still have both PO Boxes, Thanks, guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts