Double Diseqc?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bblue

Original poster
May 24, 2005
Hi,

I've got a 12' Paraclipse BUD with C/Ku on a 4DTV receiver. There's a Satcruiser FTA tied into that with a Diseqc 2x1 to select between C/Ku. But that combination (mostly the Satcruiser) is a real pain to use, so I'm in the process of installing a Coolsat 4000, Winegard 30" dish, SG1200 and QPH-031 as a separate system. The QPH-031 requires the use of a Diseqc 4x1 switch.

Now, if I wanted to bring the BUD C band to the Coolsat as well, presumably I would need a Diseqc 2x1 switch for selection between C on the BUD and Ku on the Winegard.

But can you individually control two different switches from the same receiver? If not, what alternatives might there be? If so, there'd be a loss of about 6db of Ku level through two switches. Would that be significant enough to warrant an amplifier? (Southern CA) Any amplifier recommendations?

Thanks for any info.

--Bill

Thanks for the link, but that is pretty much what I have now. The Ku I'm adding with the QPH-031 LNB needs a 4 way Diseqc switch all by itself. That's ok for Ku, but I was considering splitting the C band feed so both receivers would see it -- and that would require another Diseqc switch, and both switches would need to be controlled by the Coolsat 4000 receiver.

So the question still is if one receiver can control more than one Diseqc switch.

--Bill

Why would it need a 4x1 switch? 4x1 will gain you nothing over a 2x1 on that LNB. Remeber you can only connect to 1 of the four ports at a time with the switch.

DiSEqC 1.1 lets you cascade DiSEqC switches from what I can tell.

Shawn

You're right, I actually only need 2 outputs from that LNB, C and L. But either way, I'd need two switches since the first one is out on the dish, the second is by the receiver. I guess I'll wait and see what the Coolsat manual says about controlling multiple switches.

Thanks for the info.

--Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts