Dreambox 500s. Norsat 8115. Settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Odinbear2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Edmeston, NY
Howdy. I know just enough of this stuff to get me in trouble, so please bear with me. :)
Bought a dreambox a while back after a lightning strike took out my openbox S9, but could not get it configured so I bought another Openbox S9. So easy to setup. I use a 10ft mesh, chapperal FH with a Norsat 8115 digital dro. (The Ku side probably does not work ). I use a Motorola 4DTv to move dish when needed ( it primarily stays on G4) and to switch polarity.
Anyways, Saturday the Openbox died , red light, will no longer boot, so since money is tight I get out the Dreambox again.
Will be looking at the menus later today, but for now I was wondering about the settings. I could never tune a sat or channel and had no idea previously what to put where. Unlike the Openbox which was like magik with virtually no configuration. I think these are the settings that I should be working with ( culled from reading forums)

LNB - 0 ???
22Khz - On OR Off?
Voltage - H/V ???

LOF/F - ???
LOF/H - ???
Threshold - ????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 188
Looked at the specs for the 8115, says LOF is 5150. Is that for both LOF/L & LOF/H ?

Threshold?..
No 22khz. ( since it has none on 22Khz tone settings). .
So worried about frying something with the wrong setting.

Threshold would be 3700 for C-Band. LOF/L and LOF/H would be the same 5150.
If you were using a universal LNB(F) on Ku band the L and H would be 9750 and 10600 and threshold would be 11700, with 22Khz on.

Thanks, will try in a bit. The KU side was hooked up but not yet receiving channels, when a lightning storm took out the previous lnb, an Openbox and more. Can't believe the Openbox just up and died like that.

Thanks again k4est. Used those values and viola, G16 is being received . Another question.....
With the Openbox. We were watching several channels on G16 that were Free & clear but were DVB-S2. Just discovered that the Dreambox Doesn't do DVB-S2. ( has PLI). Just wondering if I can Flash the Dreambox with a different Linux image and receive DVB-S2 broadcasts. Or if receiving that format is entirely based on hardware ( at which point , we'll be looking at buying a different box.)

Yep, it's hardware, so yes you need to look into another box. Currently the Amiko Mini HD SE is an excellent choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)