Drew Brees' Mother?!?

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
NFL QB's mom goes after restaurant money via mail | Chronicle | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Scores of Houston restaurant owners received a letter from an Austin attorney last week offering them the “opportunity” to purchase one thing that all believed was already and irrefutably theirs — their name.

The letter, addressed “to whom it may concern,” informed the restaurateurs that their assumed names on file with the Harris County Clerk had expired. The new owner of all these names, a company called Chicksports Inc., was willing to sell each one back. The price? Some owners were told $25,000, others $20,000. The letter ended with what some considered a threat.

“If you have not contacted me by email or phone by August 14, 2009, Chicksports will explore its legal options for your use of the assumed name it now owns or contact other parties interested in owning the reservation of the right to this assumed name,” attorney Mina Brees wrote.

Drew Brees has always stuck me as a class guy. It's hard to believe that he came from this woman. I feel for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)