Driod X comes complete with a Kill Switch

everything I Have read on these subjects is this

droid x: kill switch is false, the blur intergration is love it or leave it

iphone: the fix is to take away a signal bar (on the display) and make other signal bars bigger, not really fixing anything.

Well that didn't fix the proximity issue. Right after updating got a call started talking and typing and a few seconds later the call was ended by my cheek.

I have been looking for the past few hours and so far it looks like the best DROID phone out there is the Sprint EVO.

I was really hot on the Droid X this morning but now reading the reviews I do not want.

Again if I switch phones will be based on what Apple says tomorrow.
:up:up:up

everything I Have read on these subjects is this

droid x: kill switch is false, the blur intergration is love it or leave it

iphone: the fix is to take away a signal bar (on the display) and make other signal bars bigger, not really fixing anything.

I need to get one of these Droid X's in my hands to just see how it differs. 4.3" screen sounds pretty sweet, but I am still unclear what the "blur" UI does. For the life of me, I do not know why these manufacturers feel compelled to dump crap on top of a great OS.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Well that didn't fix the proximity issue. Right after updating got a call started talking and typing and a few seconds later the call was ended by my cheek.

Scott did you try the reinstall of the firmware and then set up your iPhone as a new one and not use the previous backup?

I have no problem with my sensor on the iPhone 4.

If you did and that did not work, I would exchange your iPhone for a new one. Their has been reports that folks who exchanged their iPhone get the new one that fixed the antenna.

The only "fix" I have found for that is to make sure your ear covers the front camera area, have to hold the phone a touch lower and more forward in my case. I used to have it do all sorts of things like go into speaker phone, mute, etc.

Today the gave a Droid away in Vegas via the DroidLanding twitter account.

I got there, there were 10 people looking for a pamphlet hidden at a wedding chapel.

I looked under the license plate of the classic car they had sitting there, but nothing fell out from it.

10 minutes later, someone looked in the same spot, but looked AT the bottom of the license plate... to find a taped pamphlet with a bright red eye on it.

!@#!$!.

Today the gave a Droid away in Vegas via the DroidLanding twitter account.

I got there, there were 10 people looking for a pamphlet hidden at a wedding chapel.

I looked under the license plate of the classic car they had sitting there, but nothing fell out from it.

10 minutes later, someone looked in the same spot, but looked AT the bottom of the license plate... to find a taped pamphlet with a bright red eye on it.

!@#!$!.

That sucks. So close... I was hoping the DroidLanding would hit in Chicago when I was there; I was hoping to go on a treasure hunt. :)

I have a long time to wait for an upgrade so I guess I get to sit back and wait for all the new Droid phones to come out.

Probably for the best, if it would have renewed my contract it'd have sucked, I will probably buy a new phone this fall.

Got a cool story out of it, if DroidLanding releases a video look for the stupid fat white guy with the big ZAPPOS on the back of his gray shirt looking right at where it was found and that's me.

Friend in the office just got hers before leaving her desk for meetings for half the day... she's upgrading from a Moto RAZR.

My long-time Apple fanboy friend got his yesterday, and he is loving it. He wanted an iphone, but could not use AT&T given their crappy coverage on his 80 mile commute. He is learning how to use it, and seems pretty happy with it.

I was seriously looking at getting a Droid X to replace my iPhone.

However after reading this maybe not..

Motorola Is Willing To Break the Phone They Just Sold You

Getting a droid is getting confusing, they seem to be coming out with new phones ever 3 week which are more powerfull them the last... I see the Droid X has a 1 Ghz processor, but I see another Droid phone that is coming out in a few months that has a 2 Ghz processor.

To me the entire droid thing is very confusing...

You get too caught up in hardware...

Android is all about the OS. It is virtually the same for all phones who run android. Some might have UI enchanments but at the core of it the all function the same. The HW is just a means of running the software.

You get too caught up in hardware...

Android is all about the OS. It is virtually the same for all phones who run android. Some might have UI enchanments but at the core of it the all function the same. The HW is just a means of running the software.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. Yes, it is about the OS but the hardware has a very big part in the discussion right now. There are many people out there right now with phone a month or two old that are missing out on many features in 2.1 because their hardware is not fast enough to support it. The only problem I see with Android right now is the development is moving along to fast for the devices that are currently out on the market.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. Yes, it is about the OS but the hardware has a very big part in the discussion right now. There are many people out there right now with phone a month or two old that are missing out on many features in 2.1 because their hardware is not fast enough to support it. The only problem I see with Android right now is the development is moving along to fast for the devices that are currently out on the market.

Some devices are definitely going to get left out of future development, that is a given, but it looks like Android will be going in two directions, with a high -end (Gingerbread OS) for the really powerful devices coming down the road, and a lower-end with (Froyo 2.2). Hard to believe that Froyo will be considered low-end, given its amazing speed improvements over 2.0 and 2.1.

But I can not say I am bothered by this; in that, I want them to develop the strongest, fastest OS possible; and if that requires hardware upgrades, so be it. Its not like the cell phone industry isn't built on the idea of regular upgrades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)