Driod X comes complete with a Kill Switch

I can hold my Iphone any way I want too, Is this the only point you can ever make? Scott there are reports of 5 hour battery life on this phone too, save your money. Droid is over rated, I have tried them, and they just do not do anything special. Man when you hate Apple, you really hate it don't you?

Well that didn't fix the proximity issue. Right after updating got a call started talking and typing and a few seconds later the call was ended by my cheek.

Scott, why dont you just take the phone to apple and have them replace it. This is not happening on all phones..I have two and it works on both.

Some devices are definitely going to get left out of future development, that is a given, but it looks like Android will be going in two directions, with a high -end (Gingerbread OS) for the really powerful devices coming down the road, and a lower-end with (Froyo 2.2). Hard to believe that Froyo will be considered low-end, given its amazing speed improvements over 2.0 and 2.1.

But I can not say I am bothered by this; in that, I want them to develop the strongest, fastest OS possible; and if that requires hardware upgrades, so be it. Its not like the cell phone industry isn't built on the idea of regular upgrades.

I am not bothered much by this either but my point is you can't just throw the hardware specs out of your decision process as that part makes what path you are going down.

The only part that is hard to believe is that phones that were toward the top of the line 2 months ago are now not even being considered for Froyo. All of these people are going to be stuck with 2.1 and lower for the life of their contracts.

I am one of those people with 2 android devices that will never get past 2.1. I am looking at upgrading to the EVO early just to be able to also get the wife's phone upgraded at the end of this year. This is the one thing I like about Sprint is the ability to upgrade my primary line every year instead of every two.

Wrong again. I actually think the best phone I have is my blackberry. I will always choose it over the iPhone. I'm no fanboy, not even close. Unless your calling me a berry fanboy, but I don't believe that was your intention. I just think it's hilarious how people that don't own one bash the hell out of it. Typical of haters.

Wrong again. I actually think the best phone I have is my blackberry. I will always choose it over the iPhone. I'm no fanboy, not even close. Unless your calling me a berry fanboy, but I don't believe that was your intention. I just think it's hilarious how people that don't own one bash the hell out of it. Typical of haters.

An iphone and ipod touch run the same software, and since I own a touch, I feel quite comfortable saying that I don't care for the OS. Oh, it is ok, and works very well, but there is nothing "special" about it. Indeed, I prefer my old ipod classic. And it is so limiting with the icon-only home screens.

Somebody wants to get an iphone, fine; be my guest. But I will stick with Android and the freedom it provides me.

I am not bothered much by this either but my point is you can't just throw the hardware specs out of your decision process as that part makes what path you are going down.

The only part that is hard to believe is that phones that were toward the top of the line 2 months ago are now not even being considered for Froyo. All of these people are going to be stuck with 2.1 and lower for the life of their contracts.

I am one of those people with 2 android devices that will never get past 2.1. I am looking at upgrading to the EVO early just to be able to also get the wife's phone upgraded at the end of this year. This is the one thing I like about Sprint is the ability to upgrade my primary line every year instead of every two.

Agreed.

I can get an annual upgrade with verizon as well; not as cheap as the new-every-2, but certainly not retail without contract.

I don't get the whole freedom thing. What is it you need freedom from? The typical user which are most people do not mod their phones. That whole freedom thing is bs.

Well your favorite platform is a Blackberry, I certainly wouldn't expect you to understand users needs and desires to customize their device. And that's just it, it's users needs and desires. Apple is the closest thing we have to a modern day AOL. An ecosystem of apps and applications defined by it's curators, and pruned with only their best interest in mind, not the consumers of the device.

The freedom to download things like 'widgets' and 'apps that simulate a desktop' that Apple has deemed unsafe for general consumption because they violate an aesthetic rule is valuable to me.

That doesn't hold much water either I've tried every phone out there I like droid just not as much as the other too. Blackberries are pretty customizable, iPhones give you any ap you need droid does as well. I just think the freedom reason is a way to make people feel better About not having the iPhone or at least an excuse to bash iPhones and their users. Like I said bs.

Well your favorite platform is a Blackberry, I certainly wouldn't expect you to understand users needs and desires to customize their device. And that's just it, it's users needs and desires. Apple is the closest thing we have to a modern day AOL. An ecosystem of apps and applications defined by it's curators, and pruned with only their best interest in mind, not the consumers of the device.

The freedom to download things like 'widgets' and 'apps that simulate a desktop' that Apple has deemed unsafe for general consumption because they violate an aesthetic rule is valuable to me.

So, in other words Apple has become big brother, the antithesis of the 1984 mac ads.

"unsafe for general consumption?"

"best interest in mind?"

Really? WOW.

DetFan said:
I can hold my Iphone any way I want too, Is this the only point you can ever make? Scott there are reports of 5 hour battery life on this phone too, save your money. Droid is over rated, I have tried them, and they just do not do anything special. Man when you hate Apple, you really hate it don't you?

You are in the minority on holding the phone any way you want. I will disagree about the Droid. It or the Evo are not over rated. Many website take those phones over the iPhone. I have friends who get 5-6 hours of battery. The Evo does that with extreme use. Many people easily go the whole day.

I like my iTouch but have no interest in a iPhone. Most apps I use are on Android now. Developers and companies recognize Android as a force.

I can hold my phone any way I want because like any phone i ever bought the first thing I do is put a case on it. Like most people. So the antenna is not now nor has it ever been an issue, even without the case it would not be an issue. Sure Droid is force, but not for me..Not even close.

I can hold my phone any way I want because like any phone i ever bought the first thing I do is put a case on it. Like most people. So the antenna is not now nor has it ever been an issue, even without the case it would not be an issue. Sure Droid is force, but not for me..Not even close.

Like every phone I have bought, I have never put a case on it. Many people use pouches. I have a belt case for my droid; but not a rubber case. I would hardly doubt that I am atypical.

But you should not have to put a rubber case on your phone for it to work.

It works without it just fine..Guess its the way I hold it but it does not matter to me. I case stays on my phones..They cost too much money not to protect them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts