Drop Single when uing DiseQ switch for multi room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

arshad07

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi Guys,
iam based in India

Im uisng C band Dish antenna to receive Asiasat 3S & Asiasat 5

in my Home i have installed 2 Seperate dish antenna with Single Cable
Solution LNB of Eurostar....(both Dish)

for dish the i have splitted 4 line uisng 4way power divider,for 4 rooms.

for the second dish i have splitted 2 line using 4Way power divider for 2 rooms (2 ports empty)

Now iam mixing the above 2 reception with 4 way DiseQ Switch for 1 Room.& same parameter
for another room.

while watching simenteniously in both room. single in 1 room gets droped.and show no signal,
if i turn off either of receiver ,the signal comes back.. its same vice versa.

pls guide where is wrong & wht to do ?

rgds
arshad

im not really understanding how your switches are setup, but the problem you are having is normally a grounding issue, are your cables and switches grounded?, i would bet no

Arshad, Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Just to confirm. Are you using a band stacked LNBF? If so, I believe you are splitting and using the switches properly.

LNBF 1 >>>> 4 Way, All Port Power Passing Splitter >>>> DiSEqC Switc, Port #1.

LNBF 2 >>>> 4 Way, All Port Power Passing Splitter >>>> DiSEqC Switch, Port #2.

4 receivers connected to the DiSEqC Switch.

Are all receivers configured to the correct LNBF type and LO. Frequency? Correct DiSEqC type and Port number?

If you system is wired like the above description, it is likely to be a grounding issue. Place all of the splitters and switches in the same location. Ground the dish, coax cables and switches to the same home's common grounding rod.

Are all of the receivers located in the same house and powered from the same electrical panel? If they are powered from different electrical panels or the electrical outlets are not properly grounded, the switches may not operate correctly or the grounding could interfere with the LNBF operation. Make sure that the house wiring does not use the neutral wire as ground and has a separate ground wire that is connected to the same common ground rod as the switches. I have also seen this problem when the receivers are from different manufacturers and there is voltage present on the ground of the chassis.

First try all receivers and TVs connected to the same outlet. Make sure that this outlet is grounded to the same common ground as the switches. If this does not correct, try different combinations of two receivers and determine if negative interaction between the receivers.

Good luck and let us know what you find out is causing the problem.

Arshad, Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Just to confirm. Are you using a band stacked LNBF? If so, I believe you are splitting and using the switches properly.

LNBF 1 >>>> 4 Way, All Port Power Passing Splitter >>>> DiSEqC Switc, Port #1.

LNBF 2 >>>> 4 Way, All Port Power Passing Splitter >>>> DiSEqC Switch, Port #2.

4 receivers connected to the DiSEqC Switch.

Are all receivers configured to the correct LNBF type and LO. Frequency? Correct DiSEqC type and Port number?

If you system is wired like the above description, it is likely to be a grounding issue. Place all of the splitters and switches in the same location. Ground the dish, coax cables and switches to the same home's common grounding rod.

Are all of the receivers located in the same house and powered from the same electrical panel? If they are powered from different electrical panels or the electrical outlets are not properly grounded, the switches may not operate correctly or the grounding could interfere with the LNBF operation. Make sure that the house wiring does not use the neutral wire as ground and has a separate ground wire that is connected to the same common ground rod as the switches. I have also seen this problem when the receivers are from different manufacturers and there is voltage present on the ground of the chassis.

First try all receivers and TVs connected to the same outlet. Make sure that this outlet is grounded to the same common ground as the switches. If this does not correct, try different combinations of two receivers and determine if negative interaction between the receivers.

Good luck and let us know what you find out is causing the problem.

Eloquently, said. :)

hi let me clear you,
dish 1 LNBF SINGLE CABLE SOLUTION, LNBF 1 >>>> 4 Way, All Port Power Passing Splitter >>>> 2 RCVR direct, 2 RCVR via 4 way DisecQ swicth
dish 2 LNBF SINGLE CABLE SOLUTION LNBF 2 >>>> 4 Wy, Only 2 port power pass to DisecQ 2 port empty.

well i need to check the grounding as well. check the diagram below
drop signal0002.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.