Dropping INSP?

So DISH has hijacked INSP in yet another retrans dispute and put up a sales/infomercial channel in its place. As far as I can tell, Dish gave no warning of this (I heard/saw nothing from them), not even a crawler on the channel. I chatted with a CR this morning and she told me they're in negotiations... I get tired of these retrans disputes...

That is a good reason right there not to have an advisory council. :D :D :D
Yeah satellite companies don't like facts or Netting subscribers.

They just like Hostile takeovers and failed lawsuits.

And a few Yes men never hurts either.
I know where we can find a few Yes Men Juan.

All joking aside, I never understood why there is only 2 satellite TV companies.
Voom was a premature HD Satellite provider,
If they would have came 5 years later, who knows.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: edisonprime
They don't have a lot of swear words and liberal agenda, maybe that is the reason they removed it.
:poke

It's all a vast right-wing conspiracy I's tells ya...

OBAMAAAAAAAAAA..!

stewy_brian.gif

All joking aside, I never understood why there is only 2 satellite TV companies.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Primestar had plans to go high power DBS and even had the satellites (Tempo 1 and 2), DirecTV bought the them out before all of that could come to fruition. There are a limited number of DBS providers due to the high barriers to entry, unlike cable that grew from mom and pops that could finance expansion with a few hundred thousand dollars at at time, DBS takes ultimately billions of dollars just to get started. The satellites are hundreds of millions of dollars, take years to build, along with the uplink facilities that cost millions as well. Of course then, there are a limited number of DBS slots, I can't remember them all, but the USA was originally allotted 61.5, 101, 110, 119, 148, and a few more odd ones in the east and west. DISH/Echostar utilizes 72.7 and 129 which are Canadian slots, through agreements with just the FCC and CRTC, Ciel and Telesat Canada.

I'm glad I was on the road traveling for the lat two days, since I obviously did not miss anything of any importance.:oldwink

It's back on Ch 259 in glorious SD. Yay!
I would like to see them add the Military History Channel next, if they are taking requests.
How many times do you need to relive WWII? Granted, Smithsonian has what appear to be a pair of pretty good and fresh series on WWII.

Here is the INSP programming for the rest of the day;

3 PM EST - The Waltons
4 PM EST - Best Reverse Mortgage!
5 PM EST - Shark Vacuum - New and Improved!
6 PM EST - Life Insurance for Seniors
7 PM EST - My Hair is Falling Out
8 PM EST - Shark Vacuum - New and Improved!
9 PM EST - Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Journey
10 PM EST - Joey & Rory's Hymns
11 PM EST - Prostate Problems? Get Relief Fast!
12 AM EST - Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline
1 AM EST - Joey & Rory's Hymns
2 AM EST - How To Look Sexy At 50!

That is a weekday Prime Time listing. Somebody explain to me how losing an infomercial channel is a concern?

Here is the INSP programming for the rest of the day;

3 PM EST - The Waltons
4 PM EST - Best Reverse Mortgage!
5 PM EST - Shark Vacuum - New and Improved!
6 PM EST - Life Insurance for Seniors
7 PM EST - My Hair is Falling Out
8 PM EST - Shark Vacuum - New and Improved!
9 PM EST - Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Journey
10 PM EST - Joey & Rory's Hymns
11 PM EST - Prostate Problems? Get Relief Fast!
12 AM EST - Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline
1 AM EST - Joey & Rory's Hymns
2 AM EST - How To Look Sexy At 50!

That is a weekday Prime Time listing. Somebody explain to me how losing an infomercial channel is a concern?

That's NOT their programming. Looks like YOUR guide isn't updated from the shopping channel. MY guide shows:

3:00 The Waltons
4:00 The Waltons
5:00 Little house on the prarie
6:00 Little house
7:00 The Waltons
8:00 Bonanza
9:00 JAG
10:00 Walker Texas Ranger
11:00 Walker Texas Ranger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)