dsr 410 and 1m oval primestar dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satus751

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
texas
Hello All
first off if this is posted wrong, please move to correct section. This is directed at Iceberg as it seems you play around with dish different dishes. I have a 1m primestar dish and have for the past several weeks tried to mount it on a hh100 motor pointed at g4 with no success. removed motor and hit g4 digital side once with a viewsat platinum. Would like to be able to track the arc with a bsc621-1 lnb attached to the primestar dish(mounted feedhorn per your pictures.) Unfortunately i have not been able to rehit g4 againn. obtained a dsr410 and was thinking of having a fixed dish(primestar and cband lnbf) pointed at w5. I am located in san antonio,texas 78224. Help please

broke off to new thread (please dont threadcrap)

The dish is too small. You need a 6 footer to subscribe to W5 programming. The 1 meter will work fine for KU programming and some of the stronger C-Band stuff (just a few)

I agree with Ice. While W-5 is strong there are birds just as strong at two degrees to each side (adjacent satellite interference). A 1 meter (4 foot dish) will not work. A 6 footer is the smallest that will perform and have any reliability.

One thing people forget is C band satellites are not putting out the wattage that KU FSS and DBS birds do. That is one of the reasons for larger dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts