DSR 4200V & HITS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sort of weird because it does mention what you said as an option in the documentation. But it also seems to suggest that what it will do is determined by the programming provider and that it says that channel and satellite maps
will require a minimum of 15 minutes to download and several hours for the programming of the receiver to complete and that it should not be disturbed during that time. At this time I have not hooked it up to anything just
powered it up to check if ID was good and if it was working. The menus presented look more like 4DTV oriented than what a cable headend would use. No provision for rack mount either. Looks like it would fit in your
living room from the styling, not a headend. It would need a separate positioner since it does not have that ability. Apparently has a mail service capability but it says that particular feature has not been activated.

Some commercial DC-2's are used in like a school or business environment for their private networks. That's why it looks as so and says what it says. To make things a lot easier pick up a 410 or 4D to sub to H2H.

Some commercial DC-2's are used in like a school or business environment for their private networks. That's why it looks as so and says what it says. To make things a lot easier pick up a 410 or 4D to sub to H2H.

Got a 922 and remember I have a full month to month sub. I suspect the 4200V could be reprogrammed to act like a 4DTV receiver because it was designed in this way. Just another Private Network as far as the receiver has any concerns. Don't know how many there are but this looks like a well built device and if it can be economically done would add a lot more receivers to the mix. It describes multichannel automatic tuning.

A DC2 is a DC2... its up to what Motorola wants to authorize in which EMM universe.

Maybe it's just mine but a while back I experimented with my 4200V and it wouldn't take the VCT properly for H2H mapping on AMC18. This was when there were multiple EMM providers. I haven't tried lately.

Normally it only takes a few minutes to download the VCT after a master reset each time. From what I've read it's best not to do a authorization reset which it next to it in the setup menu.

From what I've read it's best not to do a authorization reset which it next to it in the setup menu
yep because you'll brick it

been there done that....

also dont buy them brand new. They have to be authorized at one time to receiver anything. Bought a new one and couldnt even see/hear the ZK stuff...again been there done that

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)