Dsr-905 very sluggish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
truckracer said:
I agree. I wonder if there is still a decent supply of dsr-xxxx that can be used with skyvision and srl?

No.

I have a 922 that I will probably sell this year. Had a subsc w SLR last year.

I would list on ebay very soon like today. I say we have about 18 months left until hits says no more. S2 upgrade time.

:confused: Where did you get this info or are you just pulling a number out of your hat???

Good question.

For a few reasons SRL contract with Comcast expires sometime in the 4th quarter of 2013.

And to quote someone "At this time Motorola has decided to not do any new QT or QT plus upgrade launches."

The only hardware that needs QT is the dsr-470 which is being replaced every day by cable companies. They want VOD whole house DVR HD etc.. And that will not work with QT platform. Once the dsr-470 is gone so will the dsr-410,905,920,922 and 305.

It’s just my two cents but I would be willing to make a wager on it? (I hope I am wrong)

That sounds sensible. Most everyone now wants on demand and dvr services. The way we watch tv is becoming obsolete. I doubt i would use a dvr much.

Sounds like more features to pay for that i will not use. That is the trend nowdays.

I'll keep my DSR 410 subbed to the MTV mini-pack till the end, whenever that may be.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I just personally remapped both of my DSR920 receivers and now I have like 1937 channels in the system status screen and they are running pretty quickly possibly due to some of the new space.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)