DSR-920 Dead Battery?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1badtwo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Ohio
Hey guys - I think I already know, but looking to confirm. I got this DSR-920 for free last week. First thing I did was try and verify if the UID had been lost. Looking at my diag screens none of the numbers match the any of the numbers on the back of the unit. If the number is lost I guess this is only good as a dish mover? I don't current have a BUD in fact I just setup my first KU dish two weeks ago. If this unit is no good for subbing is it worth anything to hold onto until I get a C-Band setup? Or is it worth anything at all or should I trash it?

vlcsnap-2012-12-15-07h58m46s154.pngvlcsnap-2012-12-15-08h00m15s25.pngvlcsnap-2012-12-15-08h01m33s38.png

Your number should match the number on the back which most likely starts with 000-, if not it's lost. But I'd do a search of 4DTV and see what you can find in other postings before trashing it.

from the diag screen your unit id is gone.
However, if you put a new battery in it and then add the new mappings you have a good dish mover but for subbing it is no good.
If you decide to change the battery and can use the bdm board to remap the receiver then give a shout as it can be fixed up so you can still get some ZK signals but that requires some special work on the file.

Thanks guys! I will probably just sell it and put the money towards a better receiver for my current KU setup. Won't have a BUD for awhile.

Anyone seen ebay listings on dsr's after they cut the power cord and then say can't test!!! LOL

Anyone seen ebay listings on dsr's after they cut the power cord and then say can't test!!! LOL

I checked Ebay and there's two 920's which have corrupted ID as neither start with 000 in the ID number. It'll be interesting to see if some fool will buy either one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)