DSR 922 Forum???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good to hear I'm in the right pew. :)

Hopefully someone can tell me if the DSR922 can receive the PBS AC-3/Digital Dolby audio signal and combine it with with the video signal on a composite coax feed to the TV. If this arrangement is not possible then I need to learn what are the right components to get the job done.

Thanks for your reply.

I checked on one of the DSR922 vendor sites and it said the unit has "Dolby Digital" output. I have not been able to find additional information about the method of output. Maybe a current owner can let us know.

You need to select it, by hitting options 6-3-2 and select dobly digital, the sound will pass through the (digital audio RCA out) on the back of the 922, you must be on a channel that is broadcasting at 5.1 also, like HBO, Showtime, Starz etc...

The sound from the 4dtv is far superior to that of cable and small dish good luck.

That's good news. So I understand correctly, the dolby digital 5.1 signal received by the DSR922 does not need to be amplified by another component (such as a tuner/amp) before it goes to the speakers.

My objective is to receive the digital audio/video from the four PBS channels. I recently tried to get this programming from a Pansat 3500, and could get the video but the audio is piped out of the 3500 via an optical cable. This output must then be processed by an external amp which inturn goes to the speakers. I am hoping to avoid the need for an amp with optical input and continue using my older digital tuner/amp that has only RCA inputs/outputs.

I appreciate the clarification. If I understand right, the DD 5.1 signal is outputed from the 922 via RCA jacks. That signal is then inputed into the separate component (tuner/amp) also via RCA jacks.

If this is correct, how many RCA jacks does the 922 use to output the 5.1 signal? And, willI need the same amount and configuration to input the signal into my older tuner/amp?

My apologies for drilling down on this topic. I wasn't complete enough before purchasing the Pansat and wound up buying something that I wish I had understood better before committing.

Flinthill said:
I appreciate the clarification. If I understand right, the DD 5.1 signal is outputed from the 922 via RCA jacks. That signal is then inputed into the separate component (tuner/amp) also via RCA jacks.

If this is correct, how many RCA jacks does the 922 use to output the 5.1 signal? And, willI need the same amount and configuration to input the signal into my older tuner/amp?

My apologies for drilling down on this topic. I wasn't complete enough before purchasing the Pansat and wound up buying something that I wish I had understood better before committing.

If your tuner/amp is not Dolby Digital 5.1 you will never get 5.1 from anything, you will need to continue using the left/right RCA jack.

All digital AC3/DD 5.1 is passed either through a single fiber optic wire or a single RCA type connection, the DSR 922 has the RCA type, if you really want 5.1 the tuner/amp's are very cheap now basically anywhere.

If you are using L and R you are not Digital but you will have surround sound just not 5.1/AC3 good luck.

OK, I think I got it. I may be slow but maybe there's hope. :>) Sounds like the old audio receiver has just become a hood ornament. The Pansat 3500 uses the squarish type of optical receptacle and it sounds like the 922 uses the RCA optical type. I'll make certain to get a new receiver with at least one of each.

I certainly appreciate your patience with my inquiries. You obviously have some experience in these matters. I have a few questions about wiring configuration and feed horn/lnb requirements when combining both the DVB fta receiver and the 922.

I'm not familar with the Forum rules about changing the topic of a thread but if you have some more time I believe I could fill it up with questions. :>)

dfergie suggested I start a new thread to cover the questions about c and ku band. The new thread will be titled "C & Ku band questions".

BTW, thanks for the lashup diagram, I have book marked it. :>)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts