DSR410 (Skyvision) Software Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys,

So my DSR410 is now up and running, it is subbed and I'm watching TV.

I checked the system status and it says I'm due a software update:

Current: 00000098
Target: 00000114

With my DSR922 I switch the unit off (standby) and by next morning I have the update.

I did this with my DSR410 - 2 nights in a row, but no update :(

Am I missing something - is there a way to do a manual/forced update?

Ah the joy of it all :)

Hmmm - still no guide?

What do Skyvision have to say about that? have you been able to speak to a real person about this?

I sent a email to support and never got a reply.

I haven't had time to call them though I have been very busy as of late. :)

Hi guys,
With my DSR922 I switch the unit off (standby) and by next morning I have the update.

The 922 has not had a update in about 5 years or more, I don't even think EC is in the data stream any more, so if you have a 922 with EA it would need to be sent in for the update.

Your 410 is trying to update to 114 this can take a few days depending how the data is being sent.

3 days eh?

Right, well I'll put it in standby tonight and see what the morn brings!

Thanks!

I sent a email to support and never got a reply.

I haven't had time to call them though I have been very busy as of late. :)

Scott I saw this here:http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/5/5215_MotDoc.doc

“The guide never loads”

Complete Guide loading can take 30 to 60 minutes once the DSR410 has been authorized. As long as the Motorola™ IRD remains plugged in, the guide should continuously update. These are the next step to take.

Confirm guide authorization using Diagnostics A (Options 605), line 4, last number on the right. One (1) means the Motorola™ IRD is authorized for IPG data. Zero (0) means it is not authorized. Get the unit re-authorized via an instant trip and confirm a One (1) in this field after trips have been received.
Power cycle the Motorola™ IRD and press “guide” on the remote. Request the guide again after one hour to see if it’s restored.
Factory Reset (Options 67786 Enter) the Motorola™ IRD. Have the unit re-authorized.

Got it - now 114 - yay for me - no idea what difference it makes, but I got it!

After rotating my LNBf to get the polarities right (oopsie) the update came in over one night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts