DSR505 Tuner 1 Not Authorized

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I also received the "Satellite not Acquired" message and instead of going to the SatGuys forum to find out the latest I did a factory reset followed by a hold pwr button down for 30 seconds, then pulled the plug for 3 minutes and finally going to the Shaw site for a couple of "hits". Now my 505 will not respond to any commands from my remote and I can`t change channels from the receiver buttons. I was able to go to the System Status and learned the the Tuner 1 shows a "U" which I assume means not authorized. My question is will the receiver automatically become authorized once the problem with the satellite is fixed or will I have to call Shaw to get it reauthorized.
Stupid me, I learned a lesson...... check SatGuys first!!

sounds like you're having almost the same issue that I am - the only thing is I'm getting CTV HD and nothing else...I also posted on canadian sat forums, but not much of a response there either - someone asked my signal strengths, and that's it...

I fixed my problem by going into the System Menu and puttring in a code for my remote. Then things started working in a normal manner.
I`ve had no problems since then.

I fixed my problem by accident, just putting 4444 code into my remote thru the System Install menu.
I don`t know the hows and whys but it fixed my problem .