Dsr920 8888 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatGuyPR

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Clarke Belt

Hi there... 1st post here...

DSR920 displays '8888' ...

no warmup...

Dead battery maybe ?

Thanks for your support..

Is the receiver hooked up to a dish if so unplug power and unplug all the cables, then power backup see if that helps. All 8888's doesn't sound like battery...

If it was the battery, you could still use the Analog (you couldn't access the Digital), and the time (and/or channel) would still display. So, it must be something else..???

I hate to say that unless your good at repairing boards or the power supply in the receiver then you may have a door stop. If the battery was dead the only thing that should happen like voomvoom commented was a lost of the digital and the wrong time displayed, the 8888 message is most likely a hard error.

Make sure you remove the Digicipher assembly and see if that helps?
Was this a working receiver????

Last edited:
Make sure you remove the Digicipher assembly and see if that helps?
Was this a working receiver????

I think Sergei means the Video Cypher module/assembly.

The receiver is not completing the self-post warm-up. Basically it is sitting in a spot where it keeps rebooting the circuits trying to attain a full warm-up, and not making it.

Could be the power supply, could be other things. It isn't the battery as stated above.

Your correct Linuxman i did mean the Video Cypher module. I did some research and found this 8888 problem on other electronic equipment and most seemed to be part of a memory / CPU problem during post . The big question I ask before, was this a working unit and did this just come up or did you power the receiver off, since I've got three 920's this could be of interest to me.

As soon as power cord is connected...
there is no response from remote
and display shows this...

* *. 8. 8. 8.

Three 8s ... not four... sorry!

VC= green
Message= red
SAT/TV= green
Timer= green
DC= green

Receiver was opened an all cables revised
cleaned from dust and firmly attached all cabling...

Currently im using my second unit... DSR922
but have a damaged actuator ... SuperJack 18"
looking for replacement ... that will be next post

Thanks for your replies...

Any ideas welcome...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)