DSR922 BSC621 and remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I just received what looks to be 2 new DSR922 One GI One Motorola without remotes
from a farm auction. the only problem with the one the clips that hold the front cover on where snapped, but a easy fix
the receivers look as they have never been used they power up with no problems the external buttons work just need to find a universal remote that may work

I have several here i will try to program in to see if they take

I have noticed that the LNB inputs have C/H and K/V will i have to use two Coaxes off the BSC621? and which Coax would be the KU band? The one marked receiver or the jumper side next to the receiver output on the 621?

does the DSR 922 support 13/18Volt switch over or do I need to go with another LNB with servo to go from V to H?.

How will the 621 work with the DSR 922

Would I be better just to run all my C Band on the BUD and then set me up a motorized Ku Band system as I have around 50 dishes various sizes from 18 inches up which i obtained from farm auctions over the years

Also I have a techsat system that i bought off barginland a while back with rather a Square dish and incased with 4LNB s
The receiver is a scart connection, but have alot of FTA receivers i can use or go with the other 922 i have.?

Im not sure this square dish would be of any use here in the US its only about 21 inches.

What would be the best bet to get the most of C and kU ?as to go with the BSC621 or do 2 different set ups all together and would the DSR922 do me better on KU Then one of my other FTA DBV Receivers if i do 2 set ups

Thanks

ebay has the remote for the 922

does the DSR 922 support 13/18Volt switch over or do I need to go with another LNB with servo to go from V to H
it does support both..... but it supports a bsc621 it will not support the bsc621-2
and you would have to run two coaxes

most people like going with a corotor because with a 922 you have more options to tune & skew with plus you can buy more expensive and very stable lnb's for it ..... the 922 works best with a stable lnb . if you are planning of subbing with the 922 go with a corotor and get some good lnb's for it. if you want to try the bsc621 from what i've seen they work good for smaller c-band dishes but as the dishes get larger they seem harder to tune.

for hooking up a bsc621 the top coax connection on the lnbf would be ku and c-band would be marked "LNB" you would then need to go into setup on the 922 and set it for "C & KU LNBF"

for me personally i like having a system that has several options so i got c & ku ( with a bsc621 on a 7 1/2 ft dish) and on some satellites the ku is marginal ... so i set up two motorized ku dishes to have the best of both worlds :) next will be to setup another c-band dish :)

post pictures we love em :)

Hi!
If your BUD will work with Ku band then give the BSC621 a try. If the perforation holes in the mesh on the BUD are too big then it will not work on Ku band. I cannot remember what the size limits are. Use 2 coaxes to your 4dtv receiver if you have the 621. Run one coax to the very end for Ku and the one marked "RCV" on the square switch area to your C band. The basic instructions are available at: www.dmsiusa.com/documents/621-manual.pdf . If this does not get you there, punch in dsr621 on Ebay and some sellers have the link posted along with other info. If you have the BSC621-2 it will not work on 4dtv they say but I have not tried that one yet. Some say the 621 does not work for 4dtv but that is what I am using and it does a super job! A neighbor has a corotor 2 that cost him over 10 times as much as my BSC621 did and he is not having any luck setting that up to work very well.

I forgot to mention...
The BSC621 works well for FTA too! I have a FTA receiver piggybacked my 4dtv until I get a dedicated FTA BUD set up. I am using the 4dtv for a positioner for now. I have a V- Box 5 positioner to hook up which will move the BUD using the DiSEqC from the FTA receiver like a DiSEqC motor on a small Ku band dish. The BSC621-2 is supposed to receive more channels on FTA than the BSC621 which I think will be more of the foreign stuff. I will find out more when I get it going!

a corotor is superior to a bsc-621 hands down.

My bsc-621 never worked well on ku, the corotor blew it away on ku performance. I set it to .38 f/d on my dish and forget about it.

I thought the corotor was the cats meow too! I took a chance on the BSC621 until I could afford a corotor and the results are fantastic and I do not need to replace this BSC621. I have the BSC621 on a 10 foot Winegard mesh dish. I cannot remember what model it is but the concave shape of the dish is a lot deeper than other BUDS I have and have seen. A local dish installer told me that the shape will help zero in on the signals better than other BUDS. Maybe that is why I am having super luck with the BSC621 on both C and Ku bands.

I must of got lucky! The 10 foot dish is hooked up with about 275 feet of ribbon cable which is the length from the LNBF to my TV. I thought that I might need a amplifer on that long of a run but somehow I am getting great reception even with the $20 BSC621!

Thanks everyone

Thanks for all the replies they are very well appreicated.
I have 90 acres and at the time only hay is farmed so I guess i am going to raise Satellite dishs::eureka: till i can afford to get some live stock as the wife of 25 years took of on me and the children a few years back:( which had to sell the livestock to survive.
Now that they are all adults , I am starting a satellite farm for a while:D

I have alot of vintage satellite equipment here plus alot of the modern stuff with FTA Receivers just a variety of everything, and just cant get myself to sell this stuff on ebay
Dont know why i am hanging on to all this stuff?:confused:

I do thank you all:up as I guess i am going to experiment with all these options
Thanks again to everyone

How close can you plant the dishes on your farm??? I have a wide open field behind my place just right for planting a couple more dishes. How do you plan on how close the BUDS can go without interferring with each other???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)