DSR922 channel count variation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Having used a DSR905 since 2002 I never knew what my channel count was. Recently, Iceberg said his was 5007.

I noticed last week the my new 922 mapped in 4715 channels, then it went to 4797. Now down to 4702. Is this typical? Just curious.

My 920 will do that also depending on what sat I am pointed at. Usually my count is about 4733 but I have noticed it higher at times.

This count will change each time motorola maps in a new channel or takes one out of the system...the PBS channels on T5 ended last week and moved to T6, so therefore that is why your count went down, mine says the same as yours....sometimes this is the only way to tell if something is mapped in because NPS sure won't tell you....

ex, BlueHighways TV C4-606

G1 doesnt come in good enough for me, I dont pay for the guide anyway so I've never cared too much for access to Tp3.

I got the maps last time from GB/tp24, but that is not available to me right now (need to reposiiton dish)

I get G5 real well, DC lock on a bunch of stuff. Are the maps available from that one? I hate to do a unplug reset if I cant get remapped...

Yes Galaxy 14 (G5) will work fine as long as you tune to the proper transponder, keep in mind all DCII premium movie channel distribution feeds compatible with the 4dtv have the maps.

The problem is I cant seem to lock on anything DCII from tp 1 to 24.
I'm not sure on map reset if any of the 100's type channels will be there.

Lets say:
I find transponder on DCii channel on G5 in the 100's. Note the transponder characterictics on 6 7 7 8.

Pull the plug.

Plug back in.

Go to 6 7 7 8, and retype in the parms on that screen.
Do you think just by that it will DC lock, and download?

I was successful on G5/12

Got the DCii to lock by manual tune.

Pulled the plug, sat for 10 secs, then back in.
Whent back in for manual tune, go the lock and watching the channel count.

My count actually dropped a bit (prob due to PBS changes) its at 4746 at this point (about 5 mins). I'll let it sit for a while.

thanks for the help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)