DSR922 polarity

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
lately my DSR922 is acting like it's forgetting to change polarity. Anybody seen this before?
so, let's say I'm on an H channel and change to a V channel. No picture, no DC light. If I go to "adjust picture" the skew for V will be highlighted and shows -40 but if I put the cursor on it, and hit the arrow key to adjust it, it instantly jumps to the same number as H. I can then change it to -40 manually and get a picture so it's not like it cant change at all. just that it seems to not change automatically when I change channels. Same goes for going from V to H. I have to manually set skew each time. getting pretty annoying :rant:(<--man, I love that lil guy)

any thoughts on what to check? I do have other feeds I can put out there, but then I'll lose Ku off that dish... oh, it's a chaparral corotor with eagle aspen C band and Norsat Ku

Sounds like your 922 may have gotten confused. Have you tried the unplug reset, where you unplug the unit for a minute, plug it back in and then let it go through the normal warm up routine? Sometimes that works. Good luck.

actually no.. I had not tried that.. makes sense.. thanks.. I'll try it when I get home tonight

Limestone eh? was just up that way not too long ago

welp.. unplugged the 922, let it sit, plugged er back in.. polarity changes worked for about 5 minutes and then quit again.... uh oh..
just for fun, I'm going to try a different receiver to make SURE it's not the corotor.
any other suggestions?

OK.. thanks.. I have another chaparral with servo motor on it.. I could always swap them out.. but the odd thing is that once I change channels, say from H to V, I can go into Adjust Picture and set it manually with no problems..

OK.. thanks.. I have another chaparral with servo motor on it.. I could always swap them out.. but the odd thing is that once I change channels, say from H to V, I can go into Adjust Picture and set it manually with no problems..

Ya that's is a odd one, my servo was like that, it was sticking had to adjust in manually, then all of a sudden it started working fine again? never found out what the deal was with that.

It sounds like you have a bad servo motor that hanging up on you or maybe you have some corrosion on one of your outside wires.

sergei, ya.. that's what I'm starting to think. I'm going to go thru it this weekend, check all of my wires/connections. I also will probably replace the servo motor just for fun.

thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)