DSR922 Upgrade or ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
My DSR922 TDT is maxed out and I`ve been thinking of upgrading the receiver with new maps (ultra plus maps), clock fix, FTA capability and a new battery as advertised by GlenTech. Have any forum users used GlenTech for this service and would they share their experience?? The planned upgrades will cost around $250. Another question is am I better off putting the money into a new receiver and if so, a recommendation.
THANKS!!!

Check out the Free Map Master section here, if you're up to it you can do it yourself and safe $$$

If you're not up to it I read that ATS (trusted 4D service center) will do all you want for less than $100

trinidex:
Thanks for your post re ATS. I looked at the posts for the Free Map Master. Since my TDT is maxed out and I`m not comfortable in doing a master reset I need to have this service performed. I wasn`t able to view the link that rv1pop referenced in his post regarding ATS. How do I find out about their services and costs?? Are they a forum sponsor?
Thanks

ATS is one of the most respected 4D repair places in the country and have been repairing 4D's for over 10 years.
Just do a google search for ATS Electronics or use the address Ice posted above this post.

Consider yourself lucky you posted here first before using GlenTech as $250.00 is outright gouging IMO!
If you had not replaced the battery let ATS do that and install a new set of maps in your receiver.
This will also take care of your TDT count and it will not be maxed out on you nor will you spend anything close to $250.00, so with the money you save you can now purchase a DVB FTA receiver as well and still not spend up to $250.00 total for everything.

Stargaze:
THANKS for your comments and recommendation. I`ve been looking at the site information that ICE provided in his post.
I`ll call ATS tomorrow and get things started. I have a CoolSat which I can use for my FTA on C and Ku unless you can recommend a better alternative.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)