DSR922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sudimages

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Martinique
Do you think a DSR922 without new maps but with new battery would be enough to move my bud if I use it only as a dish mover.I think I only need the old sat tiles like my last and dead 922?
I am not interested in sub .I just do FTA but not against free DC2

It all just depends on what you mean by "without new maps". If you still have the old maps (around 66 or so tiles), then yes, that 922 would be plenty for moving the dish around. However, if all you have is what's left after a master reset... then it could be a little skimpy. After a MR, you're looking at around 21 or so tiles. That might be enough, and it might not.

If the UID is still in tact (along with that new battery), then I would consider new maps. Personally, I use a 922 with new maps that I modified myself with a scheme that I always wanted to see in the 4DTV. Between work that the Map Master Restore put in, plus my own little touch... I'm pretty happy with it. A lot happier than if I was still using the old big M maps.

Cheers

In fact I dont know What Ill find:I have 2choices
buying one on Ebay (new battery)
waiting list at RPS for refurbished 921(new battery and new maps)
Ihave nô information about MR or ID
thanks for your expérienced advice and sorry
for my typing and pour english

Sudimages in Martinique

I am not interested in sub
I have 2choices - buying one on Ebay (new battery)
waiting list at RPS for refurbished 921(new battery and new maps)
They've been pretty pricey lately.
If all you need is a mover, why not just a V-Box ?
Link is to ebay, be aware, there's been bad reviews here for leomall. Proceed at you own caution.

Only 22 ft across?? What kind of actuator? Motor rating? think the v-box will match any Old School IRD or DCII receiver motor power.
Boy, how about some pictures??

LOL, 22 feet... maybe that's how far it is from the house. If it's the diameter of the dish, how 'bout some pictures?

Cheers

Click on the Go Advanced button below the quick reply text area.
Scroll down to Manage Attachments. Window will open to upload from your computer.

Do you think a DSR922 without new maps but with new battery would be enough to move my bud if I use it only as a dish mover.I think I only need the old sat tiles like my last and dead 922?
I am not interested in sub .I just do FTA but not against free DC2
How dead is your old 922,might not be that difficult to get it going again.

Looks like the OP is in Martinique, hence why the dish is 22ft, presumably a mesh beasty.

If you can, provide more details on how dead your DSR is, with the knowledge here, we may be able to help you fix it, or point you in the right direction.

Otherwise consider a dish mover.

All valid suggestions and we're here, happy, to help.

The bud is cband only mesh with some scratches from hurricanes.Ill post pictures as soon as possible.
Mydsr922 is at ATS .Tom told me the AVI chip on main board has to be changed but they cant.I left the unit since it was too expensive to ship it back to Martinique.I still have one wich doesnot power.Does somedy want to fix it?

sudimages said:
The bud is cband only mesh with some scratches from hurricanes.Ill post pictures as soon as possible.
Mydsr922 is at ATS .Tom told me the AVI chip on main board has to be changed but they cant.I left the unit since it was too expensive to ship it back to Martinique.I still have one wich doesnot power.Does somedy want to fix it?

The Avi chip? Ouch!

Is it worth sending the board of your other unit to ATS for a transplant?

Thanks Trinidex but I dont know if the main board on my 2 remaining units are still working.I am trying to add pictures from my iPad .

Pictures

Pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    656.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    882.2 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 145
BEAUTIFUL Dish! (And scenery) HtoH no less. (Ya think I could fit it in my luggage?) I'm sure a V-Box will move it for you. Motor appears to be a standard 24 to 36 volt actuator motor/gearbox assembly. If it's higher voltage, which I doubt, there are solutions.
Only problem is, that I see, is you were using the DCII to operate the polarity servo. There's solutions for that also.

To move the dish in the meantime:
(The lamp is only necessary if you want to 'see' it moving)

Attachments

• actuator_.jpg
    actuator_.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
You are right it is H-to-H (10W to 135W) Motor gearbox 36v
I got info on VBox10.I have diseq on my geosat micro.All I need is to replace my 1993 standard LNB by an LNBF (BSC421?) and forget DSR922 ?
Thanks for your help.I am not at all technician and afraid of the other solution!

Chaparral dual feed seems the best choice eliminating disecq problems.I can't get Ku with my mesh.But I have no experience on multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts