Please reply by conversation.

songkrai

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
New England
I have two Philips DSX-5500.
Both owned and both operate fine.
Yes I still have some tube type televisions.

Direct sends me an email stating that these receivers shortly will become obsolete.

Anyone else get this email?

Anyone familiar with these receivers?
Will they become totally useless? And to be taken to the trash can/recycling center?

Directv is replacing all of the older style receivers that have programming guides that will no longer be supported. Your's must be them. They will send you two comparable receivers to replace them at no charge. They won't want your old ones back, so just recycle them.

According to the DirecTV rep I talked to after receiving these notifications, if they replace your obsolete owned ird's the new ones are leased. I have 4 owned ird's and still had one "obsolete" RCA DRD222RD on my account. I called back and asked to speak to the protection plan dept and they replaced it with a new "owned" D12.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They don't even want the more-recent D11 (small silver boxes) back.

This all depends on the status of the receiver, I confirm that d11s are not refurbished or installed anylonger, but theyre are still "leased" d11s out there. Also any receiver activated to replace an 'owned' receiver becomes owned. Any grandfathered primestar customers also automatically 'own' any receiver activated on the account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)