DTE-7100 Digitrans receiver setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Hey everyone I just got my dte-7100 in the mail and I got the special connector to hook it up to video and when I turn it on the BER meter is maxed out and it says alarm in red next to it. I pushed the buttons for the menus but I am not getting a picture. Are all of the menus on this accessed from the front display? What is a quick way to set this up I am not sure how to navigate with this. I specifically want to access the DC2 channels on Ku 111w

yes all the menus are accessed from the front display

what station on 111.1? There are no free ones on KU last I checked. There are some on 107.3

lemme see if I remember on how to set it up. Not near it and I have to go sit in front of it to see how it works again ;)

OK there are 4 buttons you use
PROG
RF
SAVE
EDIT (the wheel on the right side)

To set it up for the type of signal (DC2) press
PROG
EDIT (push the wheel in...EDIT lights up)
turn knob it "DCII MANUAL"
then press SAVE

Now you are in DC2 mode. DVB is the other mode (normal FTA)

to program in a channel
press RF
select the sat input (1,2,3,4)...to change press the wheel in to light up edit. To change make sure EDIT isnt lit and then turn the wheel
press RF again
set the frequency, symbol rate and FEC (I leave it on AUTO FEC) (scroll to the item, press EDIT, then change)
press RF again
set LNB polarity if not slaved. LOW is vertical, HIGH is horizontal
Tone is OFF (unless you have a 22k involved)
L.O. is the LNB LO. You may have to set this first before you change the frequency in the 1st screen (if you have the wrong LNB LO) ;)

Mode is weird. There are 3 DC2 modes
DC2C
DC2I
DC2Q

I know one works with 19510 symbol rates and one works with 29270. I forget which one

when that info is entered press SAVE. If the signal is there it will show yellow
press PROG and it will show MPG on the front screen
scroll to the far right, press EDIT then turn up or down. It will go through the SID # (so it may not be 0001). If the channel is scrambled the authorized will blink and thats it. If its clear the authorized will be solid

It may sound confusing but once you get the hang of it it really isnt that bad ;)

Here is the manual..page 21 shows the buttons and 25 shows how to program it too

Attachments

• DSR-4800 Series Manual.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 663
I think in that case a LNB LO isnt selected

hit RF again to go to the 2nd screen that has polarity (LOW or HIGH) and LNB LO. Verify that first then hit RF to go back to that 1st screen your in

I recently bought a DSR-4810 and it did not impress my wife...

looks like I pushed the wrong button by buying it. ;)

Thanks for the simple instruction sheet! :)

What channel are you trying to pick up? If we knew then we can give you exact instructions (including what to put in)

well the lnb was off haha. hopefully i can get a signal before bedtime.

yep that would do it. Thats used for a slaved mode and its kinda a pain that way (to use 950-2150) because math is involved.
I just set the LNB LO to what I need (5150 or 10750) and enter the frequency as is (12050 etc)

I am trying to find any of the canadian ones on 107. Do I set the lnb freq to 10750? or do these require a special lnb?

yes set it for 10750 and no a special LNB isnt needed

so if you're using RF1 input on the back then do it as such

RF
make sure its on #1
RF
12050 FREQ
19510 Symbol rate
AUTO for FEC

press RF for 3rd screen
LOW polarity
OFF for tone
10750 for LNB LO
and I **THINK** its DC2C

easiest thing to do is try DC2C and press SAVE. If the signal doesnt go yellow press EDIT and change to DC2I and press SAVE. Repeat till it lights up yellow

then press PROG...scroll over to MPEG (furthest right you can go) press EDIT and scroll to 00001. Thats KNowledge network and should come in fine

well I locked a signal on 99w (nbc)on dvb with 5 bars but every couple of seconds it flashes from the orange bnar back to the red bar and then back to the orange bar. Is this normal?

by the way in my notes above for getting the freebies on Shaw its DC2C (just ran downstairs and checked the one that had that TP still programed in) ;)

OK I got a steady 7 bars on the lesea transponder to test this on 99 since I don't have a good enough shot at anik right now. If I lock a transponder that has several channels how do I view the channels? do you have to scan the transponder?

when you hit SAVE it logs the mux

hit PROG to get to the main screen on the receiver
scroll to the far right where its says MPEG 000001
press EDIT then scroll through the numbers
in this case the TV channels are on 0001, 0002, 0003, 0019 and 0020. If you look at Lyngsat or The List its the SID # that matches up. The rest are radio channels
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - 99.0°W Galaxy_16 C

cool, I got a picture. I will have to figure out what cable to use for audio in the next few days. I will try to lock the 107 signal when I can move my dish later. Any ideas to make a cable for hooking up the audio. I got that connector. Thanks again Ice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)