Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Hello, all. I've just hooked up this Digitrans receiver and I got to the screen on it, where you can change the frequency/symbol rate etc...once! And now I can't find it again...help. :confused: Does it use IF freq or actual Xponder freq? :confused: I'm only testing it out temporarily since the lnbf on the dish will stay on horizontal with the 20 volts this thing puts out. :rolleyes:

Hit the RF in button a few times. It will cycle through 3 screens. One will have Frequency, Symbol Rate and FEC. Frequency is the actual transponder frequency.

Thanks, photoman76! I still had an "alarm" light and couldn't enter video/audio PIDs 'till I hit program again and changed MPEG to "00001" and BAM! Apids and Vpids were there and the alarm light went off. This is fun so far... :D The signal I tested it on is TBN on G14 C-band. Oh, and someone said it won't control an LNBF but it will, you can change it
(on one of the setup screens) LNB "high or lo"
- high is 20V and lo is 11V for H and V! :D:up
Now to find my first SD 4:2:2 feed that I'll be able to SEE! :) ...and setting MPEG to "00002, 00003" etc is each channel in the mux! Nice. I like so far!

Last edited:
The ASI out on the Digitrans should pass the HD stream, although you would need a HD decoder with ASI in to view it. The HD decoder would have to do 4:2:2 in order to view 4:2:2 streams, that wouldn't have anything to do with the Digitrans. It looks like the unit you linked to may fit the bill, at least for 4:2:0, but I'm not sure. Perhaps one of the engineers here will chime in :)

By the way, that looks like a great deal on the GI if it would work. You're really finding some nice gear! :up

The ASI out on the Digitrans should pass the HD stream, although you would need a HD decoder with ASI in to view it. The HD decoder would have to do 4:2:2 in order to view 4:2:2 streams, that wouldn't have anything to do with the Digitrans. It looks like the unit you linked to may fit the bill, at least for 4:2:0, but I'm not sure. Perhaps one of the engineers here will chime in :)

By the way, that looks like a great deal on the GI if it would work. You're really finding some nice gear! :up
Thanks, Tron!
That's what I wasn't sure on, since I can already do 4:2:0 HD and DVB S-2 HD with my other receivers. I'm (hopefully) building this new system
(dishes and all, on the cheap) strictly for sports feeds in 4:2:2 SD and HD. :)

Cool, Eurosport, sounds like a great project. I would imagine there is a 4:2:2 version of that decoder, if that model does not support the 4:2:2 chroma ratio. It may support 4:2:2, but I can't seem to find ANY information on it :( ... It doesn't help that GI is now Motorola...

EDIT: From the pictures on the auction page, the unit seems to have RGB (R,G,B, Sync) and Color Difference (Y,Pr,Pb) analog video outputs as well as (apparently) two HDSDI serial digital video/embedded audio outputs. It also has consumer RCA analog and SPDIF audio outputs, presumably for monitoring purposes.

Last edited:
The seller had a $129 Buy-It-Now on the HD decoder, I offered $80 and he accepted! So now to find out (after I get it) if 4:2:2 HD feeds will be possible with this setup. If all works as planned, this will be a seperate system,
with it's own C and Ku band dishes, for 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 SD and HD feeds,
in both DVB and DCII! :D:up

That was you :) ... I was wondering if you picked it up. Great deal! I hope it does 4:2:2... If it does, I'll be on the lookout for another one...

I still want an AZBox though.

I hope it does 4:2:2... If it does, I'll be on the lookout for another one...

Be careful. Some of them have HSI input only, which makes them only useful with the older Digicipher II receivers like the DSR-4200 and DSR-4400. I think the models with ASI were kinda rare or at least more rare than the ones that only had HSI.

Be careful. Some of them have HSI input only, which makes them only useful with the older Digicipher II receivers like the DSR-4200 and DSR-4400. I think the models with ASI were kinda rare or at least more rare than the ones that only had HSI.
Yeah, when I saw the ASI input on this one, I figured I'd give it a try since my DTE-7150 has ASI out. :)

That was you :) ... I was wondering if you picked it up. Great deal! I hope it does 4:2:2... If it does, I'll be on the lookout for another one...

I still want an AZBox though.
There's an AZbox in my future too! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)