DTV Drops Any Plans for The CW in HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I just got an email reply from DTV. It is very clear about their plans for giving us The CW Network in HD to the rest of the local market packages. They do offer it in 6 markets, the rest of us are up the creek.

"As you know, we don't carry The CW in HD right now and don't have any long or short term plans to add this particular channel locally or nationally. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to our programming department"

I would suggest to all of you that want to see the The CW in HD, you need to email, and/or call DTV and request it. They say they listen to our requests, so let's see if they do. There is no reason at all why they can not carry it on the Distant Network HD Package. They have the CW in HD in:

Atlanta, GA
Chicago, IL
Los Angeles, CA
Philadelphia, PA
Raleigh/Durham, NC
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA

These markets get 5 or more HD feeds, the rest of us get shaft!!!

Then, Please Call!

Please, guys give them a call and request The CW in HD!

CW is the only HD local i use my OTA antenna for. Since houston gets the others in HD over the satellite its no biggie.

HD version expected early '08 for the DC DMA.

mbrose, where did you get this info from? The CW is the only thing I use my antenna for and getting it over satellite would be fantastic, as my signal is barely strong enough.

CW's programming department. Origninally they said "in talks"...one month later, when I asked for an update - Tonya said "should be" in January 08. I'm making the assumption that it will go on D11...which would push it back some from the original January date given.
Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting us! We are currently working with DirecTV now and should be in HD by January 2008.

We hope you continue to enjoy the CW Washington!

Sincerely,
Tanya
Programming

I am in Reno, not too far from Sacramento, and there is no cw network in HD here :(

dude! talking about the CW Network, I just saw " The CW" van going infront of my house :p.

We can't get CW, let alone CW in HD....

Jimbo
The CW doesn't have an OTA presence here. So unless a tower gets built, I'm screwed out of HD CW. I get the SD DNS version from Baltimore, however. It makes no sense that DirecTV won't offer a DNS HD version of CW. The CW here is cable only just like WB was before.

Until WWF Smackdown is broadcast in HD I don't have much of a reason to rally for this. I'd rather rally to get CW HD OTA.. its like 12 miles away from my house (the signal) yet I can't get that while I can get channels nearly 30 miles away (this is with a regular Terk antenna.)

Until WWF Smackdown is broadcast in HD I don't have much of a reason to rally for this. I'd rather rally to get CW HD OTA.. its like 12 miles away from my house (the signal) yet I can't get that while I can get channels nearly 30 miles away (this is with a regular Terk antenna.)

Channel 20 is EASY to get, you just need an outside antenna!

Channel 20 is EASY to get, you just need an outside antenna!
I don't doubt that.. but seeing as I may be selling this house in the next 18 months.. I don't want to go through all that effort.. especially not while the landlord is still in command..
If I was able to use an outdoor antenna and get some NY stations that would rock, but I truly don't see that happening with any sort of conventional antennas.

I don't doubt that.. but seeing as I may be selling this house in the next 18 months.. I don't want to go through all that effort.. especially not while the landlord is still in command..
If I was able to use an outdoor antenna and get some NY stations that would rock, but I truly don't see that happening with any sort of conventional antennas.

You may get NY analog, and snowy at that, but you will never get any of the digital stations.

I use to work for The CW, and Smackdown is going HD in January '08. The WWE has been testing HD for the past two years, they're almost ready to go.

I use to work for The CW, and Smackdown is going HD in January '08. The WWE has been testing HD for the past two years, they're almost ready to go.
Yeah I just read that too... so now.. as I stated before.. this now becomes an issue for me.. since I don't get CW HD!
I'm going to be super mad if they only have Smackdown in HD but not RAW. At least I get USA HD, and I don't see why they'd provide HD for one network but not the other, especially when they have a better history with the USA network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)