DTV Drops Any Plans for The CW in HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't just rant/vent at D*. Give some attention to your local CW affiliate, tell them to work something out with D*. In Raleigh we get the local CW affliliate in HD via D*. Despite what the CSR's send via e-mail, D* wants to carry HD signals for all of the local affiliates in all markets served. When affiliates (like your CW) are not shown it's usually b/c the affiliate is trying to milk the situation rather than negotiate in good-faith. D* in Raleigh had the same problem with the local FOX and CBS affiliates (which are owned by the same company). The FOX/CBS affiliates argued that their OTA signal reaches farther than the DMA as defined by Nielsen, and wanted D* to provide a wider footprint than the other locals in the DMA. In essence, they wanted a larger spot-beam. A rdiculous demand that was not met in the end.

Some Hope For DNP!

I just replaced a H20 with HR21 DVR and while talking to a very nice CSR, I ask her about the The CW HD. She said it was not available, and no plans to add it to ANY other locals at least for the next six months. But I told her it did not make any since that DTV did not offer The CW in HD on the Distant Network Package. She put me on hold and finally after 15mins, told that it is available on the DNP, but your local CW has to give you permission to get it. This station is not included under the normal white area rules. If your local CW Station does not release it, and can not have it, period!

I ask her why this info is so hard to get and why DTV is keeping it so top secret? She said that currently only about one in 20 apps. for the The CW in HD get approved. So with such low odds, and lots of paper work, DTV is not wanting to push the issue.

So if your a DNP subscriber, give them call and ask them to submit your application for the The CW in HD. Warning!!! You will have to educate, and press this issue with your CSR. More than likely they will not know about this, and you may have to ask for a supervisor.

Oh! One more thing! She said the permission request will take 6 to 8 weeks!

Good luck!

Don't just rant/vent at D*. Give some attention to your local CW affiliate, tell them to work something out with D*. In Raleigh we get the local CW affliliate in HD via D*. Despite what the CSR's send via e-mail, D* wants to carry HD signals for all of the local affiliates in all markets served. When affiliates (like your CW) are not shown it's usually b/c the affiliate is trying to milk the situation rather than negotiate in good-faith. D* in Raleigh had the same problem with the local FOX and CBS affiliates (which are owned by the same company). The FOX/CBS affiliates argued that their OTA signal reaches farther than the DMA as defined by Nielsen, and wanted D* to provide a wider footprint than the other locals in the DMA. In essence, they wanted a larger spot-beam. A rdiculous demand that was not met in the end.

Actually, those two channels have a point. Their OTA signal reaches very far east and every cable company carries at least one of them well outside of DMA that DirecTV uses.

One New Local Gets the CW

There are now 9 locals that are getting the The CW in HD. New to the list is Flint MI. Here is the list of locals that get The CW in HD along with the other major networks.

Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL
Philadelphia, PA
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Atlanta, GA
Houston, TX
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA
Raleigh/Durham, NC
Flint, MI

Flint MI got the big 4 HD locals today, but I don't see CW.

CW doesn't even had HD OTA in Flint market, it is a subchannel on the NBC25.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)