DTV HD and International Setup Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjchu

Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
I have a slimline 5 LNB dish and currently get US/local SD and HD service. I'd like to add International channels and understand that to do that I need to see the 95w and 101w satellites. I'm using a Zinwell 6x8 (WB68) multiswitch. Since my existing 5 LNB slimline can see the 101w bird, can I just get an old 18" round dish, aim it at the 95w location and hook it up to the FlexPort1 jack on the Zinwell (using the 101w feed from the existing Slimline dish)? Or do I really need to get the international dish that gets 95w and 101w separate from the slimline?

Thanks,

-joni-

I believe that the international channels usually involve a DTV66E dish. It is very large (36" wide X 24" tall) and uses both flex ports.

I have a slimline 5 LNB dish and currently get US/local SD and HD service. I'd like to add International channels and understand that to do that I need to see the 95w and 101w satellites. I'm using a Zinwell 6x8 (WB68) multiswitch. Since my existing 5 LNB slimline can see the 101w bird, can I just get an old 18" round dish, aim it at the 95w location and hook it up to the FlexPort1 jack on the Zinwell (using the 101w feed from the existing Slimline dish)? Or do I really need to get the international dish that gets 95w and 101w separate from the slimline?

Thanks,

-joni-

Can't use a round dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts