DTV lies ..again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bruno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
I guess DTV has stoop to low levels again. The last Commercial says and you always get your locals. This is BS!!
How DTV gets to keep lying about these types of things is beyond me. There are several DMA that DTV does not care about.

DTV quit your LYING just to get a sale!!

The question here should be where did you hear that spot, and where do you live? I'd suspect it was a targeted, local ad.

They are concerned about the largest areas they can cover at a time, many smaller areas are getting left out so far, however that doesn't mean they are lying about anything.
They are WAY ahead of any other provider when it comes to locals ... outside of cable, due to the fact that cable covers such a limited area, try covering the entire United States and see who else can do that.

I guess DTV has stoop to low levels again. The last Commercial says and you always get your locals. This is BS!!
How DTV gets to keep lying about these types of things is beyond me. There are several DMA that DTV does not care about.

Would think if you can't get your DMA that you could still get your National Networks through DirecTV they have them.Then for local news coverage?.Internet.
Good Luck!.:)

Just because E* doesn't offer as many LiL as D* you don't need to troll.
You are a very bitter E retailer installer.

What a JOKE!

You always get your locals, as in, when they are available for retrans they come with your package. Obviously if a they do not offer them, then they are not included. Anyone with an ounce of common sense that isn't simply looking to start crap over nothing, knows that is what is meant.

What a JOKE!

You always get your locals, as in, when they are available for retrans they come with your package. Obviously if a they do not offer them, then they are not included. Anyone with an ounce of common sense that isn't simply looking to start crap over nothing, knows that is what is meant.

He is a E* retailer.

Anyone else think of their ad in the competitive point of view (assuming it is run in a market with locals)

D* has locals included in all packages (no longer an option). E* still charges $5 extra.

Although D* gives a $3 discount if you have no locals available, or convience them to let you opt out (which is something they're not supposed to do anymore).

I'm waiting for the "we only charge one DVR fee per account" campaign. That one got me to switch (along with a bunch of HD)

Just because E* doesn't offer as many LiL as D* you don't need to troll.
You are a very bitter E retailer installer.

Sorry I am not a bitter Dish retailier but i am a retailier that is feed up with the way that both Dish and DTV can not just come out and tell the hole truth about things.

I dont know who has the most locals up. I can only tell you what is on and not on in my area. I have people who call all the time when DTV has sold them a system and the customer finds out they dont have Amarillo locals. They have signed a contract for a year or so with out any way of getting the big four. They will not give waivers to get Distant locals.

You should not advertize that you always get your locals if you dont even have avalible to show them. DTV quit lying say locals avalible most of the time, say any thing but Always

I guess its would sound like i was bitter but if you or friends were not getting your locals I think you would feel the same way.

Would think if you can't get your DMA that you could still get your National Networks through DirecTV they have them.

Thanks for the reply. I am a dealer and have fought this battle a long time. I only know about my area but DTV customer can not get Amarillo locals because they dont off them. They are in a grade B area of Kansas abc and nbc but really no way in hell to get them with a OTA. Kansas will not give waivers. so who loses the customers.

Sorry I am not a bitter Dish retailier but i am a retailier that is feed up with the way that both Dish and DTV can not just come out and tell the hole truth about things.

I dont know who has the most locals up. I can only tell you what is on and not on in my area. I have people who call all the time when DTV has sold them a system and the customer finds out they dont have Amarillo locals. They have signed a contract for a year or so with out any way of getting the big four. They will not give waivers to get Distant locals.

You should not advertize that you always get your locals if you dont even have avalible to show them. DTV quit lying say locals avalible most of the time, say any thing but Always

I guess its would sound like i was bitter but if you or friends were not getting your locals I think you would feel the same way.

Directv says get your locals where available. You are a retailer you should know to read the fine print and not bitch in a D forum.

"We offer local channels to more than 94% of the nation's TV households, with more markets coming soon. Plus, DIRECTV offers locals in HD in select markets.*

PLEASE NOTE: Eligibility for local channels based on the service address. Not all networks available in all markets.

For Los Angeles residents, five LNB Dish and H20 or HR20 model DIRECTV HD Receiver are needed to receive KTLA. Current customers call 800-531-5000 to upgrade.

* To access DIRECTV HD programming, a triple LNB Dish is required. In some markets, a five-LNB Dish and H20 model receiver are needed to receive HD Local networks delivered by DIRECTV."

If if looks like a troll it probably is.

Directv says get your locals where available.

If DTV would say this i would not be here!!

"We offer local channels to more than 94% of the nation's TV households,
.*
Again this is my point..How can you adv you always get them if DTV does not even have them. That is a lie

PLEASE NOTE: Eligibility for local channels based on the service address. Not all networks available in all markets

If DTV was to say this at the end of the commercial i would not be here.

If if looks like a troll it probably is.

Please GROW up i am not a kid trying to stir the pot. I sell either DTV or Dish i Dont like either DTV or DISH to mislead the public.

Maybe as you get older you will understand DTV vs. DISH is just like Ford and Chevy and i can tell you drive a ford!

Thanks for the reply. I am a dealer and have fought this battle a long time. I only know about my area but DTV customer can not get Amarillo locals because they dont off them. They are in a grade B area of Kansas abc and nbc but really no way in hell to get them with a OTA. Kansas will not give waivers. so who loses the customers.

Well here's another idea.Teach them how to"Move" to Amarillo hope the spotbeam
reaches?.:confused:;)

Maybe as you get older you will understand DTV vs. DISH is just like Ford and Chevy and i can tell you drive a ford!
I happen to be a D* customer, but I'm by no means an apologist. How is this misleading the public?
DIRECTV - Local Channels

QUOTE: "We offer local channels to more than 94% of the nation's TV households, with more markets coming soon."

You still haven't said exactly where DirecTV is claiming this... I can't say I pay enough attention to the commercials to know if they say "locals always included." As others have stated, I think if that's what they advertise that it means that you don't have to pay for locals like you do with E*, but I guess I could be wrong.

But if you're a re-seller, isn't it your responsibility to your customers to make sure they're aware of the "fine print"? (for lack of a better term)

My stint as a D* customer has not been without issues (3 hardware installs requiring 10 installer visits), but I'm not able to fault them here.

DTV lies. .again

I can only speak for myself but, if I were as unhappy with both the companies I installed for as you seem to be, I'd look for another line of work.

Just a thought!

I happen to be a D* customer, but I'm by no means an apologist. How is this misleading the public?
DIRECTV - Local Channels

QUOTE: "We offer local channels to more than 94% of the nation's TV households, with more markets coming soon."

BINGO ...Scottie if you was DTV Adv. Manager i would say have this disclaimer at the end of commericail and i would not be here!!

You still haven't said exactly where DirecTV is claiming this...
Scottie its on the commerical that he woman is selling for 60 seconds. At the end she says "and you always get your locals"

I can't say I pay enough attention to the commercials to know if they say "locals always included."

You need to quit skipping thr the commericals :)

But if you're a re-seller, isn't it your responsibility to your customers to make sure they're aware of the "fine print"? (for lack of a better term)

My customers know what they are getting they sometimes buy from someone who tells them what they want to hear.

but thanks for the comments....Bruno

I can only speak for myself but, if I were as unhappy with both the companies I installed for as you seem to be, I'd look for another line of work.

Just a thought!

We have another winner. TDS4182. I have gotten out of the Satellite business and guess thats why i am sick of the companies throwing out half truths.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)