DTV Policy to Lie to customers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I had already spent the 20 bucks so no big deal I said I would any way. To me it was no stress off my back might be for you but I accepted back when the access card department.

If it really wasnt a big deal, then why the thread? Dont get me wrong, it is your choice to post, and my choice to read or not, just seems like you put alot of thought and time (here and with D*) into something that wasnt a big deal.

Anyway, glad you got your card, hope everything else works out for you:up

If it really wasnt a big deal, then why the thread? Dont get me wrong, it is your choice to post, and my choice to read or not, just seems like you put alot of thought and time (here and with D*) into something that wasnt a big deal.

Anyway, glad you got your card, hope everything else works out for you:up

OMG someone who read and saw that I paid for a card! Hopefully it gets here, one of my objections was to a new smart card was they go out by fedex, and down here they are just awful about loosing packages. I have had to file more lost or stolen package claims with Fedex 6 of them to date then I ever had with UPS 0 . I know it other areas of the country UPS sucks and Fedex is great so lets not start a fedex vs ups war.
So the CEO CSR as I call him said I could get it via regular mail an option the access card department did not offer me when I told them fedex looses anything and I requested a different carrier.

Now if I bought a card why am I doing all of this ?

Quite simple there are two types of people in the world

1. People who bitch about a situation and do nothing about it.

2. People who bitch about a situation and try to do something about it. Change will not happen sitting on my front yard drinking ice tea going I really hate that damn access card fee. A letter already went out to both my state senators and my congressman. I sent the same letter to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, and the two sitting democrat members and possible future fcc chairman canidates Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein. A letter is going to Chase Cary and John "darth vader" Malone offices with copies of the above letters . Now will this go absolutely nowhere I am 99% sure that it not going to go anywhere. But I know that I can say to my self I tried.

I spent a little over 3 hours dealing with this issue. spent little over 10 bucks in mailing the letters. Which was really 2 hours and 50 minutes too long and 10 dollars I could of went and bought a starbucks with but hey I had fun I am not stressing over it and I am keeping the faith that are government actually does something. ( I know too many jokes there )

I would not expect a $10/hr CSR to even know how to marry an old card to a new receiver.

If it was just me, I would buy a new card for $20 and be done with it!

If you actually read what I posted I bought a card today, I said 2 days ago I would go buy a card. But no one seems to ready past the first line.

All of this writing and talking on the phone with them for hours to try to get them to do it is not worth saving $20 over. Is it more about the principal than the money?

All of this writing and talking on the phone with them for hours to try to get them to do it is not worth saving $20 over. Is it more about the principal than the money?

No I did not want to pay the 20 bucks. I still think it BS as I never had to pay for Dish Net cards they just always sent them out, as something that was needed to activate a reciever. I realized after my first phone call that started all this that I was not going to get DTV to bend. So I do what I always do when I dont agree with policy I try to change with. I was real careful with my title to this post which will be eventually indexed in google.

It all about principal I easily spent 7 bucks in good linen paper and envenlopes, another 10 in mailing them all out via priority mail with signature confirmation. My hourly rate is 28.00 per hour when I doing programming so in total cost which would include my time I spent 17 dollars in physical item and 84 bucks in my time 28x3hours dealing with this and going on my mini crusade.

But I am happy for it though I stuck to my guns and used the system to hopefully one day change the world.

P.S. Just another thought.

Evil only wins when good men do nothing.

Directv sent me a card for free. You just got to talk to the right people.
Its about as bad as when you call dish and ask why the receiver says searching for satellite and they ask " is the tv on?" DUH!

Dish Network wanted $50 since the receiver was not activated on the account so I had to get the warranty to get them to get me a free card replacement due to the old card being blue and another one being an older Dish500 card. The card cost more than what a receiver does.

I personally think that it is not our fault that they have a hard keeping the signal theft down so why should we have to pay for the new cards when we already have to pay for the service? Hard to compete against cable when your asked to buy a new card when you do not have to deal with that on cable.

Dish Network wanted $50 since the receiver was not activated on the account so I had to get the warranty to get them to get me a free card replacement due to the old card being blue and another one being an older Dish500 card. The card cost more than what a receiver does.

I personally think that it is not our fault that they have a hard keeping the signal theft down so why should we have to pay for the new cards when we already have to pay for the service? Hard to compete against cable when your asked to buy a new card when you do not have to deal with that on cable.

They only tried that once with me and I ask for a supervisor explain the situation and had not problem. Never did have a problem after that, but again Dish really did not have a problem remarrying card if you asked. The only time I got new cards ( other then card swaps letters ) were on my 7200 which used a slighty different type of what I will call Yellow D500 card, then ones that were found in say a 301 or 501. But they never really gave me any guff about it.

Directv sent me a card for free. You just got to talk to the right people.
Its about as bad as when you call dish and ask why the receiver says searching for satellite and they ask " is the tv on?" DUH!

You forgot the thick Indian accent! Yeah when things would go wrong it lately turn into a real fight to get to someone who could tell you something useful.

After a certain number of minutes on the phone arguing the point, I would have counted the $20 as cheaper than my time.

Now I want to use the D2 in clean S2 Dtivo unit.
I wasn't aware that a Series 2 DirecTiVO existed.

Regardless of what is or isn't possible, DIRECTV policy is what it is and you need to get used to it. No amount of background knowledge, carefully documented research or browbeating CSRs is likely to change it.

I had an old RCA receiver die. My daughter gave me some old (owned) receivers from when she had an account, but the CSR said I would need to buy a card for $20. She then added that at the time they had a special going where they were giving a $100 rebate on a R15 (this was early 1986) which I could get at Best Buy for $99 so it would be essentially free (except for tax). It was a win-win answer for me.

I wasn't aware that a Series 2 DirecTiVO existed.

Regardless of what is or isn't possible, DIRECTV policy is what it is and you need to get used to it. No amount of background knowledge, carefully documented research or browbeating CSRs is likely to change it.

They mark it in the software as a Series 2 . and on the sticker it says series 2 but it lacks many of the features of a standalone series two.

I had an old RCA receiver die. My daughter gave me some old (owned) receivers from when she had an account, but the CSR said I would need to buy a card for $20. She then added that at the time they had a special going where they were giving a $100 rebate on a R15 (this was early 1986) which I could get at Best Buy for $99 so it would be essentially free (except for tax). It was a win-win answer for me.
You mean 2006? r15's have only been around for 3-5 years

Quite simple there are two types of people in the world

1. People who bitch about a situation and do nothing about it.

2. People who bitch about a situation and try to do something about it. Change will not happen sitting on my front yard drinking ice tea going I really hate that damn access card fee. A letter already went out to both my state senators and my congressman. I sent the same letter to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, and the two sitting democrat members and possible future fcc chairman canidates Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein. A letter is going to Chase Cary and John "darth vader" Malone offices with copies of the above letters . Now will this go absolutely nowhere I am 99% sure that it not going to go anywhere. But I know that I can say to my self I tried.

3.People who whine incessantly about a very trivial matter that they solved by following the company's policy and paid a measly $20.00

I spent a little over 3 hours dealing with this issue.
I assume this 3 hours does not include time spent here posting about your $20.00
spent little over 10 bucks in mailing the letters. Which was really 2 hours and 50 minutes too long and 10 dollars I could of went and bought a starbucks with
No time to go to starbucks, must repost in $20.00 thread

I could have easily made your 20.00 in the time it took me to read this thread.

I could have easily made your 20.00 in the time it took me to read this thread.

Well

1. Half the time I was sitting at starbucks having my coffee and doing this so whatever!

2. I really did not include the time here because well I spend a lot of time on this site anyway every day regardless

3. Whine, bitch, complain they are all the same. You choose to find me whiney well that is your right, your right to an opinion. Just like I am exercising my right to opinion.

4. I would give you your 20.00 dollars you could of made reading this thread but no one forced you to. Because like me you live in the greatest country in the world, where your can do or not do anything you like as long as it not illegal.

Wait, wait wait...Did you really say "A letter already went out to both my state senators and my congressman. I sent the same letter to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, and the two sitting democrat members and possible future fcc chairman canidates Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein"? I mean really. You think your senators and congressman have nothing better to do than field complaints from unhappy customers of a satellite company. Send one to DTV, maybe the Better Business Bureau but how 'bout we leave the senate out of it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)