DTV R10 locking up, having to reboot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

routhtm

Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Every couple days my R10 is locking up and you can only see the guide and view recorded shows, no regular programming. Once you reboot, it works fine for awhile. Last night I also lost all my channels below 100, resulting in all my shows that were to record under 100 not to be recorded. Once rebooted, it was back to normal. I do not have it connected to a land line, could this be causing a problem? I use a Vonage adapter and I am having problems making the requested call every few weeks, hasn't worked in over 3 months. Are these known issues with this model or should I just take it back to Circuit City and exchange.

I had a satellite installed with two R10's back in August of last year. One is hooked up to the phone company's line and one isn't hooked up to anything.

Actually, the one that's hooked up to the phone line locks up more then the one that's not hooked up at all. However, it could also be becuase that one's much more actively used becuase it's shared by the whole family and is usually recording at least one show a day.

However, as both do the same thing at times so I think it's more an issue with either the hardware or software on the R10 units in general, rather than a defect in your specific unit.

routhtm said:
Every couple days my R10 is locking up and you can only see the guide and view recorded shows, no regular programming. Once you reboot, it works fine for awhile. Last night I also lost all my channels below 100, resulting in all my shows that were to record under 100 not to be recorded. Once rebooted, it was back to normal. I do not have it connected to a land line, could this be causing a problem? I use a Vonage adapter and I am having problems making the requested call every few weeks, hasn't worked in over 3 months. Are these known issues with this model or should I just take it back to Circuit City and exchange.

I had this same problem with my R10 Directv exchanged it out and mine works fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.