DTV receiver problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrfredted

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
costa rica
Hi All...I'm:confused:..having a problem with DTV DVR 22. It has worked great for the last three months & now it went into" updating software" mode. About every 20 minutes it starts downloading the software, but never completes the process. Any one with any good ideas on how to fix this problem? Does it have anything to do with which transpnder it does the download on?
Looking forward to your answers.
Thanks

mrfredted

Hi All...I'm:confused:..having a problem with DTV DVR 22. It has worked great for the last three months & now it went into" updating software" mode. About every 20 minutes it starts downloading the software, but never completes the process. Any one with any good ideas on how to fix this problem? Does it have anything to do with which transpnder it does the download on?
Thanks

mrfredted

No, the transponder makes no difference. Is this an HR22? Are you interrupting the process in any way? Have you tried unplugging the dvr for 15 minutes and then plugging it back in? That could do the trick.

Thanks

mrfredted

I've got an HR21 that just started rebooting constantly. Called DTV, spoke to a very nice tech support person who actually listened to me when I told her I had tried everything. No scripts, no nonsense, just a new receiver on its way.

dtv receiver

Thanks all your the replies. There are a total of three DTV R22s that are doing exactly the same thing. Yes, I tried to unplug for up to overnight y no success. I think it may be a problem with the R22s, I did read they are discontinued. Any more suggestions are all greatly appreciated.:confused:

mrfredted

Thanks all your the replies. There are a total of three DTV R22s that are doing exactly the same thing. Yes, I tried to unplug for up to overnight y no success. I think it may be a problem with the R22s, I did read they are discontinued. Any more suggestions are all greatly appreciated.:confused:

mrfredted

Do you have any receivers that work?

What dish do you have? How many receivers? Is there a multiswitch or do you have SWM?

mrfredted

Ah ha! More clues! Like wildbill129 asked, are you using a multiswitch or SWM? I am guessing there is an issue with a multiswitch. If you have one, bypass it and see if that fixes the problem. If so, you need a new switch.

Do you have any receivers that work?

What dish do you have? How many receivers? Is there a multiswitch or do you have SWM?

wildbill, I know you asked mrfredted, but I thought I'd give you my info.....FYI

mine is an SWM. I have 5 receivers total, but only the HR22 would not work last night. I moved the other HD bo:mad:not sure of model number) into the HR22's spot and all worked well.

The HR22 is working fine for me now.

Ah ha! More clues! Like wildbill129 asked, are you using a multiswitch or SWM? I am guessing there is an issue with a multiswitch. If you have one, bypass it and see if that fixes the problem. If so, you need a new switch.

I suspect the biggest clue to the OP's problem might be the 'costa rica' locale, if that's where he is...

I suspect the biggest clue to the OP's problem might be the 'costa rica' locale, if that's where he is...

Ah ha ha! I didn't notice that. Good catch. That certainly could be the cause, but he said it worked fine for three months, so I am no so sure. I still suspect the multiswitch.

dtv r22

Thanks for all the input...yes, we have other DTV receivers working well here. The problem seems to be with the R22s. Our R16s seem to be trouble free.
Now, isn't this confusing?:confused:
Have any of you had trouble with them as well? What solutions, other than having it replaced, did any of you, by chance, come up with?
Thanks so much.

mrfredted

Status
Please reply by conversation.