DTV SlimLine Dish Install Video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I know that new DirecTV Install Training Video on the NEW SlimLine Dish is out. Does anyone know where you can download it? SolidSignal has the AT9 videos. I was just wanted to view the video to see if there is a lot of difference in the two installs. If it is, I am going to give my AT9 dish to a friend, and install the NEW SlimLine Dish.

If there is a training video for the new dish, that must mean its coming out soon. Is there a release date yet?

ejdowden said:
If there is a training video for the new dish, that must mean its coming out soon. Is there a release date yet?

I was told by the Halsted that it would be out the end of June.

Joe you live in MI right, the slim line is not going to really do anything the AT9 can't. The slim line is just going to be slightly less tall, same surface area though. People in high wind areas might benefit. BUT from what I have seen the slim-line with have all the LNB packed in one head, so better aesthetics.

A buddy of mine is a local installer. He said the techs from his company watched the video a few weeks ago.

charper1 said:
Proc, can you get the dimensions, or gain dBi spec.

I asked him for specs and he laughed and said, "We were all half paying attention during the video." As soon as they get one in, he'll buzz me and I'll get some details.

joedekock said:
Just in time for me to get my HD Locals... and avoid the "Big Dish" (AT9).

Someone is smiling on me! :)

I put up the AT9 last month. Its not as big of a monster as I thought it would be. It actually handled the heavy rain we had last night very, very well. Only some slight pixelization during the heavy monsoon, but no loss of picture.

Proc said:
I asked him for specs and he laughed and said, "We were all half paying attention during the video." As soon as they get one in, he'll buzz me and I'll get some details.

Hey Proc
I need to know the size of the mounting pole. Can you find that out for me? Thanks.

new slimline dish

ok so excited about getting the HD local here in greensboro nc third quarter(hopes)i am wondering if the slimline dish will be safe to roof mount or is it gonna use the same mounting hardware as the AT-9

charper1 said:
Both can be mounted on a roof when done correctly.

My P3 dish is on the roof, but on a 6 foot pole in a tripod. I am not too sure about mounting a Slimline in this situation. I may have to go to a pole in the ground. That is why I need to know the size of the mounting pole for the Slimline.

I will ask a DirecTv installer that I am friends with to see what he says about the new dish and what he found out about it to see if I can get some more info.

Install Videos Anyone?

Again, if anyone has a connection to the installation videos, it would be very nice to have. And, I am sure that many here will benfit from having it.

raoul5788 said:
Hey Proc
I need to know the size of the mounting pole.
That would be nice. I have an AT9 sitting in a box in my garage and I haven't gotten around to installing it yet due to I haven't had time to install a 2" pole.

But if the new one can fit on my existing 1 5/8" pole, then I will wait. Doesn't look like any nationals or my locals will be available until 2007 on Ka anyway.

Man alive, that is one process that I might have trouble doing without the signal meter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts