dtv slimline for fta?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glover31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Friendship New York
So a buddy just gave me his old slimline dish. It looks like I could get an arm and a lnbf attachment and I should be good to go. It is 3 to 3 1/2 inches less than my smallest prim star/ channel master dish which is 36. This slimline has some nice adjustments on the back.
So my question is, will this be suitable for galaxy 19? I have been trying to get a few people I know up and going with fta ku. Church members mostly. I have a spare receiver. So I was thinking eh, maybe.
Any thoughts? Doable? Not doable?

Here are some pics of the slimline. And some pics of my lnbf from one of my channel master
Photo596.jpg
Photo597.jpg
Photo598.jpg
Photo599.jpg
dishes to give an idea what I was thinking.

So a buddy just gave me his old slimline dish. It looks like I could get an arm and a lnbf attachment and I should be good to go. It is 3 to 3 1/2 inches less than my smallest prim star/ channel master dish which is 36. This slimline has some nice adjustments on the back.
So my question is, will this be suitable for galaxy 19? I have been trying to get a few people I know up and going with fta ku. Church members mostly. I have a spare receiver. So I was thinking eh, maybe.
Any thoughts? Doable? Not doable?
Yes, it's doable. Here is a thread about it (some nice pics in post #30). :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3310163/

Yes I did it to fool apartment management it worked for 2 to 3 years to figure it out I say it was a success. If you make money off of reusing dish or directv equipment then you would need to paint over it. Thank you FTA4PA and Fred 555. I did also as a magic act if you increased the size of the dish then increase the size of the DTV symbol so when looking at it nothing has changed but if you took pictures you can tell the difference. I go the idea from watching an old episode of the History Channel about the war illusionist Jasper Maskelyne, Primestar 31 you don't hide the dish but make it look like nothing has change.

Reactions: fred555 and FTA4PA
I also used a DTV slimline dish it was alright it should get 97w with no problem but make sure you use a pll lnb.

Reactions: fred555
I'm sorry to high jack the thread. I need some help. I don't know where to put my tilt on the back if the dish. My latitude is 43.7 longitude is 78.8

Dishpointer can help you I believe. I think that it go the Directv part of the forum than on here you might get more help over there.

It's a regular DTV slimline dish. I got it to lock on 97W

Are you using it for FTA, is what I probably should've asked. Assuming that you are, then the site that Dan suggested would be where you want to look, dishpointer.com

Just put in your location and select 97W and at the bottom of the page will show all your settings. The one for skew is the number for the tilt of your dish, set the scale on the back of the dish to this number and then tweak it to where your Q readings are best.

When you set skew by tilting the dish itself, make sure the skew on the LNB is zero, no skew on the LNB itself.

You could also set the dishes skew scale to zero and then skew the LNB, but with a Slimline, it's easier to skew the dish and put the LNB with no skew.

This is only if your using the dish for FTA, if you're trying to use the original Slimline LNB, you can't skew the LNB, it aims at more than one sat and the LNB won't work for FTA.

I have a few Slimline dishes setup here for FTA and they work good on strong transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)