DTV transition

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
when dtv comes into play in late feb. and they add a few more channels. does this mean that i will be able to get a few more channels as well?

when dtv comes into play in late feb. and they add a few more channels. does this mean that i will be able to get a few more channels as well?
Besides FTA Satellite, are you using an Antenna and a TV with a Digital Tuner, or a Digital to Anaglog converter box?

i just mean that, with an antenna and a box, u will get different kinds of abc and nbc and pbs and stuff. will i get a few more of these channels with my fta system when dtv goes into effect?

digital transition only applies to local over-the-air broadcast stations, what you can currently get with an old tv and rabbit ears.

Most of FTA satellite is already digital.

there will be more channels in a sense - all the new digital multicast channels delivered by satellite that will launch (if they haven't already) to fill up some of the excess bandwidth terrestrial broadcasters have.

otherwise, terrestrial digital conversion has nothing to do with satellite transmissions and what modes used over satellite.

Well in the st louis area in digital format channel 4 has 2 feeds, channel 5 has 2 feeds and channel 9 has 3 feeds. the analog only had 1 feed each. I guess in this respect there could be more channels.

digital transition only applies to local over-the-air broadcast stations, what you can currently get with an old tv and rabbit ears.

Most of FTA satellite is already digital.

And the most important thing. Even if FTA sat WASN'T digital, it would be irrelevant because the DTV transition applies ONLY to OTA broadcasts. But you already said that didn't you? :D This whole thing is a pet peeve of mine, you'll have to excuse me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)