DTV wants me to pay for tech. Will this work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I purchased the protection plan and got the 20 dollar tech fee waived for the first month. If I cancel during the first 30 days, I'll be charged 6 bucks which isn't bad. I'll let the plan ride out for 2 months and then cancel. Maybe I'll have my HD box replaced since it sometimes goes blank for a second. Thanks folks.

And what happens the next time you have a problem and need a tech to come out? DirecTV keeps track of stuff like this in your account. Here's what'll happen then...you most likely will have to pay the FULL service call fee of $90 regardless of whether or not you sign up for the protection plan again.

And what happens the next time you have a problem and need a tech to come out? DirecTV keeps track of stuff like this in your account. Here's what'll happen then...you most likely will have to pay the FULL service call fee of $90 regardless of whether or not you sign up for the protection plan again.
I'll just get a better ladder and do it myself next time. It's not difficult. Btw, DTV called back and offered us 3 free months of HD service. Sweet!

One of the ten pillars of economics is that nothing is free. What you essentially are wanting to do is hire someone to do a job and then tell him you are not going to pay for the work performed. Trust me on this one just pay the monthly $5.99 protection plan. Talk to your parents and ask them if they know that if a lightning strike were to fry all the receivers that they are responsible for the replacement cost. $6 a month shifts the liability off of them and on to DTV, therefore potentially saving them hundreds of dollars.

Y'know my son at that age tried the same kind of stuff. We put a receiver in his room because he wanted watch more than just the OTA channels. Fine.

Until all of a sudden new receivers showed up, :confused:Tech called me to verify my appointment to upgrade our multiswitch and install of a new Tivo.:eek: Not to mention the "mysterious" adult PPV's ordered by "Not Me".:mad::mad:

Kids, If they didn't try to get away with things, They'd probably be dead. :D

Y'know my son at that age tried the same kind of stuff. We put a receiver in his room because he wanted watch more than just the OTA channels. Fine.

Until all of a sudden new receivers showed up, :confused:Tech called me to verify my appointment to upgrade our multiswitch and install of a new Tivo.:eek: Not to mention the "mysterious" adult PPV's ordered by "Not Me".:mad::mad:

Kids, If they didn't try to get away with things, They'd probably be dead. :D
I'm smarter than that. I ended up not having to pay for the tech to come out and I also got 3 months of free HD access. Not bad for a 15 year old.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)