Dump Dish for DTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
So I'm out of contract with Dish; pretty happy overall with service & pricing. But when I asked to upgrade to a Hopper, they want more money + commitment... :( So I start comparing DTV.
Right now I have 120+, looking at Choice or Choice Extra. It would add Animal, Net Geo, Cooking, & DIY (w/extra) And looks like I'd lose Fox Sports (and it's getting into CFB Season; but think Espn & networks are going to cover most/all games I need)

So Dish is $50 + dvr & protection $13 [+13/Tivo]

DTV is $69-29/12mo & -10/13-24mo. + $10 adv receiver +$6 2nd receiver + $6 protection (If I go with HMC + DVR) but I'd gain a 5 tuner DVR living room (+std output I can modulate to kids rooms right?) + 2HD DVR for bedroom (can cancel Tivo +$13/mo saved).

Whew did I get it all right? $62/mo first year $81/mo 2nd year. I'd be gaining a few channels, & 2 tuners vs 722 & Tivo now; plus can share recordings between DTV Dvr's right?

The 'Deal' now is NFL ST, any chance to get the DVR free in lieu of that? Any other 'deals' for Dish customers or referals, or ???

I've read thu the forums and think I've got it figured out; just double checking.

Thanks
Bryan

So I'm out of contract with Dish; pretty happy overall with service & pricing. But when I asked to upgrade to a Hopper, they want more money + commitment... :( So I start comparing DTV.
Right now I have 120+, looking at Choice or Choice Extra. It would add Animal, Net Geo, Cooking, & DIY (w/extra) And looks like I'd lose Fox Sports (and it's getting into CFB Season; but think Espn & networks are going to cover most/all games I need)

So Dish is $50 + dvr & protection $13 [+13/Tivo]

DTV is $69-29/12mo & -10/13-24mo. + $10 adv receiver +$6 2nd receiver + $6 protection (If I go with HMC + DVR) but I'd gain a 5 tuner DVR living room (+std output I can modulate to kids rooms right?) + 2HD DVR for bedroom (can cancel Tivo +$13/mo saved).

Whew did I get it all right? $62/mo first year $81/mo 2nd year. I'd be gaining a few channels, & 2 tuners vs 722 & Tivo now; plus can share recordings between DTV Dvr's right?

The 'Deal' now is NFL ST, any chance to get the DVR free in lieu of that? Any other 'deals' for Dish customers or referals, or ???

I've read thu the forums and think I've got it figured out; just double checking.

Thanks
Bryan

If you find someone for a referral you'll save $100 over a year.

What is your zip code ? You should get your local FSN regardless as long as you have a qualifying package.

that site is wrong
Dish AT120+ gives you the local RSN
Directv Choice also gives you the local RSN

Both require you to purchase the sports pack (dish is $9 DIrectv is 12.99) for the other sports channels outside the local area

also with Directv they pretty much make sure the game is in HD...DIsh not so much ;)

I did think of something; I'd lose my 'TV 2' that my kids use to watch something different than the main unit. I'd gain that option in my master where the 2nd unit would go; but unless I pay another $6/mo for a unit for them; they're stuck watching what we're watching.

I'd also lose my Tivo features, pandora & youtube, unless I pay $5/more for a Tivo in my master over a HD Dvr, right?

Yes 2nd screen will cost. But HR series also has YouTube and Pandora. Don't know about other TiVo features. Does Dish have YouTube? I don't think they do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)