dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the info Stefan, the Cyberlink h.264 codec is included with the Dvbworld software and I have Coreavc and arcsoft h.264 codecs for Dvbdream. There is no provision to change codecs in the Dvbworld software...at least that I can find, which is kind of a pain. I'm not sure why it won't display, I was thinking just not enough signal but if there is enough to lock and scan in, it should display? Dvb-s2 seems to be a different animal
The dvbworld DVB-S2 will not decode a S2 feed.I have emailed there tech support several times with no response.I get 95 strenth and 90 quality and it will not scan a DVB-S2 feed.

I have been able to scan and log dvb-s2 channels, the problem is displaying them. I got one response from tech support but nothing since, and I've sent several emails.
There is new software on their website, 2008-04-15, are you using the cd supplied software or web software? You should at least be able to see the signal.
Bottom line for me is its not working and the support folks don't offer much support, I offered to help work out bugs but no reply, I would think if they didn't want help they could at least say so, ignoring people isn't good for sales.

I have been able to scan and log dvb-s2 channels, the problem is displaying them. I got one response from tech support but nothing since, and I've sent several emails.
There is new software on their website, 2008-04-15, are you using the cd supplied software or web software? You should at least be able to see the signal.
Bottom line for me is its not working and the support folks don't offer much support, I offered to help work out bugs but no reply, I would think if they didn't want help they could at least say so, ignoring people isn't good for sales.
Yes i see the signal but it will not scan any DVB-S2 signals.I am using the software on there website which states it fixed the fail to lock S2 channels but it does not fix anything.

DVBWorld HD 2104 USB Box

about DVBWorld HD 2104 USB Box some questions and answer:
1. how to scan DVB-S2 Transponder ?
When lock channel,pls select right FEC.

2.how to copy plugins into DVBWorld software?
DVBWorld support MDPlugins. pls email to dvbworld@163.com, i will send u!!

as far as I know there is no blindscan receiver at all that can find dvb-s2 feeds. I beleive most users are probabl using the spectrum analyzer and analog ird/shortwave radio method.

about DVBWorld HD 2104 USB Box some questions and answer:
1. how to scan DVB-S2 Transponder ?
When lock channel,pls select right FEC.

2.how to copy plugins into DVBWorld software?
DVBWorld support MDPlugins. pls email to dvbworld@163.com, i will send u!!

:welcome

Thanks for joining the discussion. I have been using the correct FEC when trying to tune dvb-s2 signals, I never use auto, always input the correct number. I'm not really sure what you mean by plugins, I have the MDpilot file if that is what you mean? I don't see how that could be related to not being able to lock a dvb-s2 signal, but maybe I am missing something?
I notice on your website that the software dated 2008-04-15 corrects a dvb-s2 lock failure problem, I wonder if it really corrected the problem for everyone? I am using windows XP professional 32 bit if that is relevant. Can you say if there are more improvements coming for the dvbworld software or driver? Is it best to use the WDM driver or BDA driver?
Also, is there a way to change codecs in the Dvbworld software or are we stuck using the Cyberlink h.264 codec that comes with it?

:welcome

Thanks for joining the discussion. I have been using the correct FEC when trying to tune dvb-s2 signals, I never use auto, always input the correct number. I'm not really sure what you mean by plugins, I have the MDpilot file if that is what you mean? I don't see how that could be related to not being able to lock a dvb-s2 signal, but maybe I am missing something?
I notice on your website that the software dated 2008-04-15 corrects a dvb-s2 lock failure problem, I wonder if it really corrected the problem for everyone? I am using windows XP professional 32 bit if that is relevant. Can you say if there are more improvements coming for the dvbworld software or driver? Is it best to use the WDM driver or BDA driver?
Also, is there a way to change codecs in the Dvbworld software or are we stuck using the Cyberlink h.264 codec that comes with it?

It does not fix the no DVB-S2 scan problem.Which makes
it a very espensive DVB-S only box at this point even
though it suppose to be a DVB-S2 box.

Starman - Use the WMD Driver and look for the "Single Processor" option in the DVB World software. Are you able to Lock any DVB-S2, or are you having the same problem as Wildboys? He is able to Lock but no channels scan in. The reference to "corrects a dvb-s2 lock failure problem" is from an older update.

Wildboys - Just thought of this. When scanning G14, make sure you have "All Channels" selected vs. "FTA Only". I don't remember if there is that option in the DVB World software. G14 has an "Unknown" encryption but is clear.

Possible to post some Screen Captures to help clarify things?

Lak7 work for replying is very much appreciated.

if user be able to Lock, but no channels appear after
scanning?

To solve this bug,pls help to capture a TS data(about 300Mbyts).
The TsCapture.exe in the original software is not valid for DVBS2 channel.
Pls use the attched file to capture TS data for us.When lock channel,pls select right FEC.
THS!
TsCapture.rar

Last edited:
Starman - Use the WMD Driver and look for the "Single Processor" option in the DVB World software. Are you able to Lock any DVB-S2, or are you having the same problem as Wildboys? He is able to Lock but no channels scan in. The reference to "corrects a dvb-s2 lock failure problem" is from an older update.

Wildboys - Just thought of this. When scanning G14, make sure you have "All Channels" selected vs. "FTA Only". I don't remember if there is that option in the DVB World software. G14 has an "Unknown" encryption but is clear.

Possible to post some Screen Captures to help clarify things?
When you scan a TP with this box.If it is a DVB-S2 signal it does not get to ths All Channels"selected vs. "FTA Only"It start to scan for about 4 seconds and then goes back to the dvbworld interface..It does not show any channels being there.If you scan in a DVB-S feed it scans in the channel without any problems.

I am only going from memory. Like on a STB you have options like "FTA Only", "All", "TV" and "Radio".

"It start to scan for about 4 seconds and then goes back to the dvbworld interface"
That sounds like you have no Quality on the DVB-S2.

Try Lock vs. Scan see if it goes green.Can you post a screen capture?

I am only going from memory. Like on a STB you have options like "FTA Only", "All", "TV" and "Radio".

"It start to scan for about 4 seconds and then goes back to the dvbworld interface"

I have a signal 95 and quality 95.I have a fortec passion stb and it scans in
the NBC DVB-S2 mux without a problem.The Dvbworld box will not scan the
equity Dvb-s2 mux or any other DVB-S2 feed.When i only lock the tp I also
get 95 signal and 95 all in green quality but the device will not scan any channels in.I am sure it is a problem with the Dvbworld software.Did you try to look at the TS capture file
you saved with TSreader.You cannot even read it.The file will crash tsreader.

Here is a screen capture.

Attachments

• scan.bmp
    235.3 KB · Views: 401
  • lock.bmp
    573.8 KB · Views: 298
Geez, I'm away for a few days and I've missed lots of activity on the dvb-s2 front:D
Dvbworld, I am basically in the same situation as Wildboys, I can see a dvb-s2 signal with the signal meters in the Dvbworld software, on two occasions I was able to scan in some channels but I never have been able to actually display a picture. Most of the time the channels won't even scan in. The Dvbworld software works fine with dvb-s signals.

Wildboys - Which software are you haveing trouble with, DVB Dream or DVBWorld, or both?
I am using the Dvbworld software I tried
the dvbdream software since member mastermesh asked me a question about it.But I knew if
the dvbworld software would not do DVB-S2.It would be unlikey some third party
software would.At this point i am still stuck with a lemon for a DVB-S2 USB box.
thanks dvbworld.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts