dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Using the dvbworld 2104 usb I can display dvb-s channels no problem with the dvbworld software, dvbdream and altdvb, however dvbdream and altdvb recognize the deivce as a dvb-s device not dvb-s2, leading me to believe while the drivers sort of work, they aren't intended for a dvb-s2 device. In Dvbdream, it takes a long time to for the software to load when I have the dvbworld device selected, probably 20 seconds or so, other devices I have here load in 2-3 seconds. For these reasons, I have concentrated on getting dvb-s2 going with the Dvbworld software.

Last edited:
Help me to test scan DVB-S2 TP

Here is a screen capture.

Pls close UI and kill "TheaterMgr.exe" in task manager first, then unzip the attached file,copy it to "C:\windows\system32\" to replace the old one.
Test S2 channels,reply me the result ASAP.
THS!
DWUSBAPI.rar

Last edited:
Pls close UI and kill "TheaterMgr.exe" in task manager first, then unzip the attached file,copy it to "C:\windows\system32\" to replace the old one.
Test S2 channels,reply me the result ASAP.
THS!
DWUSBAPI.rar

I replaced the file but it will not scan any DVB-2 channels.The file in your link may be
corrupt.It will not register in windows.

Attachments

• DWUSBAP.bmp
    296.1 KB · Views: 334
I replaced the file but it will not scan any DVB-2 channels.The file in your link may be
corrupt.It will not register in windows.

Pls check again:
As your feed back picture,the file is in the folder "F:\download\dwusbapi\".It maybe not right done.
This file need not be registered in windows. Just pls copy to "C:\windows\system32\"(your system32 folder) to replace the old one.
DWUSBAPI.rar

Last edited:
Pls check again:
As your feed back picture,the file is in the folder "F:\download\dwusbapi\".It maybe not right done.
This file need not be registered in windows. Just pls copy to "C:\windows\system32\"(your system32 folder) to replace the old one.
DWUSBAPI.rar

I placed the file in C:\windows\system32\ and replace the old one.It still want
scan any DVB-S2 channels

Attachments

• New Picture.bmp
    296.1 KB · Views: 302
help me test to scan DVB-S2 TP

:upPls try the attched file.This maybe solve S2 issue.

Feed back me ASAP.
THS!

new DWUSBAPI.rar

:upPls try the attched file.This maybe solve S2 issue.

Feed back me ASAP.
THS!

new DWUSBAPI.rar

It will now scan the DVB-S2 signals but when you
select a channel it shows no video or audio.They channels scan in now but
You cannot get a picture.

Same here, they scan in every time now, but still no picture. I wonder if it might be a codec problem? A person who has been helping me told me to try Progdvb professional, it has a 21 day trial so I did, dvb-s2 WORKS!! with the dvbworld 2104 usb box. I was able to tune the mux on Galaxy 26, video and sound but only with Coreavc h264 video codec and nvidia audio codec, I think it will work with most audio codecs but it would not work with the Cyberlink h264 video codec.....could this be a problem with the Dvbworld software, the included Cyberlink h264 is not working? I can look at it in my filtermanager, it is registered, the directory shows the dvbworld directory as its home.
Anyone wanting to try it with Progdvb, choose the dvbworld-s wdm driver, bda won't work.

Dvbworld, I think you are very close to getting this to work.
I can scan in the dvb-s2 channels, when I save them, the dvbworld software errors with:
Debug assertion Failed!

Program c:\program files\dvbworld\dvbworld.exe
File: wincore.cpp
Line: 3486

I can choose to ignore and the program doesn't crash but I can't get any video or audio from the scanned in channels.

Last edited:
solved playing HD channel

Dvbworld, is there a way to change codecs so I can try the Dvbworld software with the coreavc codec? I can't find any way in the software to do this.

we are developing our software to support more Decoder, just like you said: let its can be choosed any codecs.

now maybe this has a way to solved playing HD channel :
pls download HD Pack 1.1
then install it, default install path C:\WINDOWS\system32\Codec
ok, pls copy the path all files (C:\WINDOWS\system32\Codec\Cyberlink) into dvbworld installation list( C:\Program Files\DVBWorld).
open DVBWorld , test HD channels,thx!!:D

That did it!! It works fine now, audio and video on dvb-s2 signals. Thanks for your effort, it is much appreciated. I'm getting a Mainconcept watermark on the video, I take it that is the elecard codec?

I tried it on AMC 3 PBSHD, that is dvb-s hd, it works fine, no Main Concept watermark on that channel, I wish I could tell what codec is being used. Channel switching is quite fast. I still get the debug error after scanning channels, it errors when clicking ok to write channels to the channel list. It doesn't seem to be a problem though, I just choose ignore and it continues and displays picture and sound.

That did it!! It works fine now, audio and video on dvb-s2 signals. Thanks for your effort, it is much appreciated. I'm getting a Mainconcept watermark on the video, I take it that is the elecard codec?
Starman Are you getting the DVB-S2 channels to show video and audio in the DVBworld software.I can scan the channels now but when i select channel no
video are audio is there.

help me capture DVB-S2 600M TSData

Starman Are you getting the DVB-S2 channels to show video and audio in the DVBworld software.I can scan the channels now but when i select channel no
video are audio is there.

:upto solve this DVB-S2 Play issue,pls help to capture a TS data(about 600Mbyts).
The TsCapture.exe in the original software is not valid for DVBS2 channel.
Pls use the attched file to capture TS data for us.When lock channel,pls select right FEC.
THS!
You can use ftp://promo:w4k4x0@80.253.17.19/new file/
TsCapture.rar

Last edited:
:upto solve this DVB-S2 Play issue,pls help to capture a TS data(about 600Mbyts).
The TsCapture.exe in the original software is not valid for DVBS2 channel.
Pls use the attched file to capture TS data for us.When lock channel,pls select right FEC.
THS!
TsCapture.rar

Where can I send you the file to test?

Status
Please reply by conversation.