dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has anyone been successful in receiving any symbol rate above 30 Msps with the HD2104? There are some full time 32.360 Msps and many feeds on the weekends. I have been unable to lock any of these feeds with the HD2104. My 3 year old fortec ultra locks them fine, but the video is either HD, 4:2:2 or H.264 which the fortec cannot decode.

These are standard QPSK signals. I was under the impression this box could lock these feeds. Is this a simple software fix or a hardware limitation?

I can't say that I've ever locked anything higher than 30Msps but I never really thought about it until now, I'll have to give that a try. I can say I locked a 1968 SR last week so the 2104 seems to be okay on the low end.

Ok, someone on another forum gave me a couple above 30Msps signals to try and my 2104 locked them fine. Moon1234, not sure why your's won't, maybe your alignment is a little off? I noticed on the Dvbworld forum in the info for the new software there that they fixed the problem of locking signals above 30Msps, maybe you are using older drivers?

Ok, someone on another forum gave me a couple above 30Msps signals to try and my 2104 locked them fine. Moon1234, not sure why your's won't, maybe your alignment is a little off? I noticed on the Dvbworld forum in the info for the new software there that they fixed the problem of locking signals above 30Msps, maybe you are using older drivers?

for DVB-S2 signal standard max symbol is 30Msps, in fact, DVBWorld2104 support 31-32M( lab tested). but no any satellite DVB-S2 signal over 30M.

for DVB-S signal standard symbol is 2-45Msps, we find 44.978Msps signal on satellite , DVBWorld2104 locked them fine.

LINUX Drivers for DVBWorld2104

:upLINUX Drivers for DVBWorld2104
Linux Driver DVBWorld 2002, 2102, 2104

check here

for DVB-S2 signal standard max symbol is 30Msps, in fact, DVBWorld2104 support 31-32M( lab tested). but no any satellite DVB-S2 signal over 30M.

for DVB-S signal standard symbol is 2-45Msps, we find 44.978Msps signal on satellite , DVBWorld2104 locked them fine.

The signals I locked (above) were dvb-s not dvb-s2. Looks like the 2104 is good through the 2-45 range.

I have my DVBWorld PCI-S2 card working. The problem was the DC-DC converter. I ordered from Mouser, TI MC34063ADR for 78 cents each.

I removed the old one and soldered the new one in its place and the card is working again.

Ed

I am trying to use VLC with DVBWorld software so that I can see the program on a secondary monitor which is setup as an extension of my desktop. When I drag DVBWorld it stops rendering.

I am trying to set up the IP Broadcast so that I can use VLC but have not been able to set it up.

I can do it with DVB Dream and MyTheater but DVBWorld has an extra Network pseudo card that I can not figure out.

Thanks

Ed

Quote from above message

"I have DVBDREAM DVB-S2 USB 2104
Please specify for me, how to I can configure DVB World software for
receive sat with circular (rotary) polarization?
WBR."

Here is my setup for the Free To Air VUHD channel on Nimiq2:

Attachments

• Circular setup.GIF
    Circular setup.GIF
    22.8 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
I have one of these and i Finally got it working, but for some reason I am constantly having to reinstall my drivers for it, otherwise the software sees it, but wont get any signal.

Also, Does anyone if its possible to control my sg2100 motor with this box? Currently I am (temporarily) going from the loop out port of my stb and controlling the motor with that.

I will probably continue to control the motor with the stb unless there is a good solution otherwise, but i need to order another switch.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how I should wire 2 recievers, to a motor, then a invacom quad lnb?

I do have 2 separate ones going to the dish from the living room, and one is going to the motor then to the switch, and the other one is not plugged in.

Video Renderer.
Does any one know how to change the video renderer on the DVBWorld software? I am trying to see it on a secondary display and the program does not show. When I bring it back to the primary display it starts to work again.

Ed

my husband bought a traxis 1500 fta dvb and i have tried everything it says and i cant get it to work help please.. it will find paid for channels ( that you have to pay for) and thats it ..please someone tell me where to go to make this thing work right NEW to this stuff so please walk threw would be nice i am a fast learner when i understand what to do. u can email at tamalyn75@hotmail.com

Video on DVB-S S/R above 30000 - PCI S2 card

With the DVBWorld pci S2 card, I can lock on DVB-S HD signals with a S/R of 32360 but the video is just a quick snapshop, in other words, frozen at the initial load. Cancel and reload the channel, get an updated snapshot, just no moving video. Tried the latest software, no change. Tried different codecs, likewise no change. No problem on S/R's of 30000 or below, like PBS HD, or the HD on the new LPB S2 mux that has a lower S/R. Any thoughts?

Joe

With the DVBWorld pci S2 card, I can lock on DVB-S HD signals with a S/R of 32360 but the video is just a quick snapshop, in other words, frozen at the initial load. Cancel and reload the channel, get an updated snapshot, just no moving video. Tried the latest software, no change. Tried different codecs, likewise no change. No problem on S/R's of 30000 or below, like PBS HD, or the HD on the new LPB S2 mux that has a lower S/R. Any thoughts?

Joe

i think the decoder is problem to decode the channels. in fatc ,u have scaned the TP and looked the channels. so the hardware is no probem. only problem is decode. what format Video /Audio do u validate ? for example(Video:mpeg2 hd/ mpeg4 h.264...Audio: AC3/AAC), maybe u install hdpack1.7 ,then try different V/A decoders. wish u have a luck!

Well, the issue certainly was codecs. However, those 32360 signals were still troublesome. Freezing after a short while and no audio even after switching around several video and audio codecs. Loaded DVBDream. No problems using those same codecs. No freezing and good audio. For whatever the reason, I could not get the DWBWorld software to work troublefree.

Joe

Well, the issue certainly was codecs. However, those 32360 signals were still troublesome. Freezing after a short while and no audio even after switching around several video and audio codecs. Loaded DVBDream. No problems using those same codecs. No freezing and good audio. For whatever the reason, I could not get the DWBWorld software to work troublefree.

Joe
can u catpure the TP`S 300M TS DATA to me ? START--Program--DVBWorld--TSCapture.open it. then check lock and settings your trouble TP.

u can upload FTP, let me know the FTP ADDRESS ,then I will analyse it. thanks!!

DVBWorld,

Tried to record but nothing was recorded. Counter stayed at 0 mb. Record Icon was lit. File was created but the file was empty. File was .mpg not .ts. Tried a scheduled record. Same thing. I have nothing to send to you.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.