dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The card reader is not very useful for North America, none of the providers will authorise any receiver other than their own. I believe this is different in other parts of the world and would be a nice feature there.

in fact, we have tested a lot of CA systems, the cardreader all work fine. of course , u must have allowable subscribe Smartcard.:p

Dvbs2 2104

I have bought a new DVB-S2 USB 2104. I have some trouble making it work.
Is there a way to make USB 2104 work with DVBDREAM or PROGDVB Pro ? I can
make it work but only with DVB-S, not with DVB-S2.
I have read some forums, but could not find the answer.
Another issue: I am in Brazil, our HD channels have AAC audio, so I need to
select AAC audio decoders on factory software. But I can not do that
because there is no AAC decoder to be selected. I have installed the
codecs, can see them with Directshow manager, but they are not present on
DVBWorld software.
Without these codecs, brazilians can not use the device for HD channels.
I have tried to contact Dvbworld, but my emails returned for any reason. Tried to contact both support and sales depto.
Thanks for any help.

I could never get Dvbdream to get dvb-s2 channels with the 2104, however it does work with Progdvb Pro. It would not work with the bda driver but does with the wdm driver. As for the AAC audio decoder, if you have it installed it should show up in Progdvb, I've tried it here and it works.

Dvbs2 2104

Thanks for the replies. I have the latest version of DVBDREAM. And do not work in DVBS2 mode. I have no signal on S2 channels. DVBS works ok. I installed the latest DVBWORLD 2.0 software. Maybe the BDA driver is inside this package. I could not find specific WDM drives for usb 2104. There some folders to others devices, but usb 2104. I will search again.
Progdvb pro crashes before opening the application. I think the WDM drivers are missing, I will try them (If I find them).

Just updating: now Progdvb Pro works fine in DVBS2 mode. DVBDREAM 1.4i doesnt. Maybe there is no support for the card in this mode.

Just updating: now Progdvb Pro works fine in DVBS2 mode. DVBDREAM 1.4i doesnt. Maybe there is no support for the card in this mode.

Good to hear you got things going. I was impressed with Progdvb Pro, I hadn't tried Prog for quite a while, it was always unstable for me but this pro version is quite nice.

Where did you find WDM drivers for usb 2104 ?, or how did you make to work ProDVB pro for DVB-S2 channels ?, because everytime open proDVB pro is crashing

Last edited:
You do not need WDM drivers using Progdvb Pro. It uses BDA Tuner. Just install DVBWorld software (May 2008). Both drivers are inside the package. Maybe you will have to reinstall drivers ('force drivers install' option on dvbworld sw setup).
I have tried to use DVBDREAM. It works for DVBS in both WDM and BDA drivers. But no signal on DVBS2 channels. I have opened a topic on DVBDREAM forum (dvbdream.org) under title 'DVBWORLD DVBS2 NO SIGNAL', section 'BUGS REPORT'. Im asking Dvbworld dvbs2 device's owners to reply this topic. Maybe with a great number of complaints, dvbdream author will update a driver for our devices. So, it depends on us to get our devices running in dvbs2 mode.
My trial period (Progdvb Pro) is almost ended and I would like to have a free option to use.

You do not need WDM drivers using Progdvb Pro. It uses BDA Tuner. Just install DVBWorld software (May 2008). Both drivers are inside the package. Maybe you will have to reinstall drivers ('force drivers install' option on dvbworld sw setup).
I have tried to use DVBDREAM. It works for DVBS in both WDM and BDA drivers. But no signal on DVBS2 channels. I have opened a topic on DVBDREAM forum (dvbdream.org) under title 'DVBWORLD DVBS2 NO SIGNAL', section 'BUGS REPORT'. Im asking Dvbworld dvbs2 device's owners to reply this topic. Maybe with a great number of complaints, dvbdream author will update a driver for our devices. So, it depends on us to get our devices running in dvbs2 mode.
My trial period (Progdvb Pro) is almost ended and I would like to have a free option to use.

Hmm, interesting, I have both the 2104 usb and 2004 pci dvb-s2 devices and neither will tune dvb-s2 with the bda driver in Progdvb Pro, the Dvbworld-s driver works fine with both on dvb-s2. I'm using Progdvb Pro version 5.15

Sorry, I was travelling and did not see this topic for a while. I am using DVBViewer with my usb dvbworld dvbs2 device. First, I could not get any S2 channel. The frequency I was trying to tune was 3,790. So I tried 3,792 and got all dvbs2 channels tunned. Maybe you can try increasing or decreasing the frequency to see if it works for you. Try changing the frequency, but first select 'new tunning method' and 'dvb-s2' before tunning.

Sorry, I was travelling and did not see this topic for a while. I am using DVBViewer with my usb dvbworld dvbs2 device. First, I could not get any S2 channel. The frequency I was trying to tune was 3,790. So I tried 3,792 and got all dvbs2 channels tunned. Maybe you can try increasing or decreasing the frequency to see if it works for you. Try changing the frequency, but first select 'new tunning method' and 'dvb-s2' before tunning.

Erbipjr, you are correct, with "new tuning method" selected, I was able to tune dvb-s2 channels in Dvbviewer. The Dvbviewer driver/module is also capable of diseqc1.2 with the Dvbworld 2104 usb, making it easy to control my big dish with the Gbox3000 positioner. I'm liking Dvbviewer more and more, if only most of their forum was not in those languages I can't understand:(

4:2:2 is decoded by the codec not the tuner. so the dvbworl will work fine with 4:2:2 as long as your using a codec that supports it. any tuner will.

the usb/pci thing I cant comment on. users are saying the usb version of the dvbworld works just as well as the pci one and doesnt have any negative effects one way or the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)