dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Polishing drivers is always work in progress, sky is the limit, given capabilities of the latest chipsets. I'm certain, DVBWorld red your question. :)

in fact, if u no need CA cardreader and CI module , the 2104D usb box just is FTA solution, of course, if u need the CA cardreader and CI module ,it is more function solution.
Thanks for you update. You may want to read Updated DVB-S2 channel list for North America thread for a reality check on CA - CI issue in NA. If workarounds ever existed (not sure about that), web reports say its getting even more cumbersome now due to providers transfer to new broadcast standards.

To DVBWorld.... on the 2006 pci-e card, there appears to be a s-video jack, but there is no mention of the use of the jack. Could you confirm that this is in fact a s-video input? I would like to be able to plug the output from my vcr (YES, I still have one!) into this, and play videos on the computer. Thanks.

Thanks for prompt action on users requests, resulting in actual drivers fix. :up Hope, the new drivers also support multiple DVB World Sat tuners of different models streaming simultaneously, and multiple devices of different makes (like TT and DVBWorld) working together in most popular Sat TV Viewer apps. ;)

Thanks for prompt action on users requests, resulting in actual drivers fix. :up Hope, the new drivers also support multiple DVB World Sat tuners of different models streaming simultaneously, and multiple devices of different makes (like TT and DVBWorld) working together in most popular Sat TV Viewer apps. ;)

pls go to DVBWorld Office website to dowload new drivers and test multiple devices ,then write the test reports to the forums,thanks!!

DVBWorld

@dvbworld
3 things:
1. Why is DVBS2005PCIEDriver not updated? According to DW2005.inf DriverVer= 04/30/2009, 1.1.0.2 in package V3.0(091130)DVB World. You said "now DVBWorld technology team Updated all BDA drivers"

2. DVBS2005PCIE does not suppot diseqc 1.0 in Windows 7 Media Center.

3. DVB World Application does not support Microsoft decoders or Enhanced Video Renderer.

@dvbworld
3 things:
1. Why is DVBS2005PCIEDriver not updated? According to DW2005.inf DriverVer= 04/30/2009, 1.1.0.2 in package V3.0(091130)DVB World. You said "now DVBWorld technology team Updated all BDA drivers"

3. DVB World Application does not support Microsoft decoders or Enhanced Video Renderer.

for 2005 PCIE Solution is over developing. so now maybe no has updated drivers. sorry.
ok, we will check ur reports, thanks!!

@dvbworld
3 things:

Windows Media Center with BDA will never support DiSEQc and DVB-S2.

BDA was never meant for Diseqc so that's why every manufacturer has to use its own BDA specs to the dvb software like dvb dream, progdvb in order to use diseqc commands.

The only solution is the new successor of BDA is PBDA which is highly DRM

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/broadcast/pbda/default.mspx

Windows Media Center with BDA will never support DiSEQc and DVB-S2.

BDA was never meant for Diseqc so that's why every manufacturer has to use its own BDA specs to the dvb software like dvb dream, progdvb in order to use diseqc commands.

The only solution is the new successor of BDA is PBDA which is highly DRM

Developing Protected Broadcast Drivers in Windows

Well aware of PBDA, unfortunately our friends at DVB World company may not be. Perhaps they should look at the link you posted as I already have downloaded the PBDA spec months ago. Many companies have already updated drivers to support diseqc 1.0 and dvb-s2 in windows 7 media center. Digital Everywhere, Technotrend, and Turbosight are a few of them. Why would you rather have a crippled dvb-s(2) tuner with no diseqc and s2 support in Windows 7 media center as apposed to DRM'ed content? THE ONLY SOLUTION is better than NO solution at all. BTW DRM should not be an issue with FTA broadcasts.

All I was really interested in was why DVB World said they updated all BDA drivers, which turns out to be NOT true.

I wonder if PBDA and MS DRM techniques would allow to view and listen or record the broadcasts that are currently transmitted in clear, but generally not intended to be received by consumers, like DSS Audio channels or Feeds. Anyone has a clue about this?

Otherwise, DRM seems to add not objectively required overprotection to currently effectively protected by sophisticated encryption methods commercial broadcast streams, at least in NA at the moment in PC Card field. In any way, support in PC Cards of Windows 7 technologies and driver architecture is desired as an option, and will certainly extend their customer base.

i just got my DVB-S2 2104 USB BOX and it said it supports USALS but i don't see it any where and the satellite position is not right. Is there a good set up guide for this? thanks for any help.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

i just got my DVB-S2 2104 USB BOX and it said it supports USALS but i don't see it any where and the satellite position is not right. Is there a good set up guide for this? thanks for any help.

pls open DVBWorld software, then check Sat Config--Type-DiSEqC1.2( in fact, DVBWORLD software choice DiSEqC1.2 support USALS, pls test it,thanks!!
rsg5jq.jpg

DVBWorld

Your latest HD STB sounds great, and deserves active discussion in Equipment Reviews forum Section. :)

I wanted to draw your attention back to your PC Card and USB Tuner product line. New products were recently introduced like DTV DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 and DVB-S2 HD CA&CI USB BOX 2104D based on Montage DVB-S2 tuner and demod. That demodulator among other features is capable of supporting Blind Scan. You know well that Blind Scan feature is absolutely critical for North American and also other markets around the world. However, it's never found in PC Sat Cards, thus limiting demand on these products. Some of your competitors like Prof were said to also introduce Sat PC Cards with a Blind Scan ready demodulator, and some SatGuys members here even reported to work on Linux drivers to activate Blind Scan support in Prof cards. Since you are well experienced in both hardware and software sides of this business, would it take much effort for you to utilize Montage chipset's Blindscan capabilities in your Windows drivers? Can you do it easily and fast enough to sharply increase demand for your PCI-e and USB Cards on NA market?

In other worlds, can you add Blind Scan to your card drivers, making a huge surprise to your fans community? :up

Last edited:
I already moved the receiver thread to the main area

That wasnt a review....it was just info and deserved to be moved to the proper spot ;)

DVBWorld

Your latest HD STB sounds great, and deserves active discussion in Equipment Reviews forum Section. :)

I wanted to draw your attention back to your PC Card and USB Tuner product line. New products were recently introduced like DTV DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 and DVB-S2 HD CA&CI USB BOX 2104D based on Montage DVB-S2 tuner and demod. That demodulator among other features is capable of supporting Blind Scan. You know well that Blind Scan feature is absolutely critical for North American and also other markets around the world. However, it's never found in PC Sat Cards, thus limiting demand on these products. Some of your competitors like Prof were said to also introduce Sat PC Cards with a Blind Scan ready demodulator, and some SatGuys members here even reported to work on Linux drivers to activate Blind Scan support in Prof cards. Since you are well experienced in both hardware and software sides of this business, would it take much effort for you to utilize Montage chipset's Blindscan capabilities in your Windows drivers? Can you do it easily and fast enough to sharply increase demand for your PCI-e and USB Cards on NA market?

In other worlds, can you add Blind Scan to your card drivers, making a huge surprise to your fans community? :up
I agree, that would be amazing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)